Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 17: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 16 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:19 pm

spell_check wrote:
BloodnTars wrote:
I must have been at a totally different game to you. You weren't complaining everytime Poole, Allmond, etc ducked their heads into tackles and got the free kick. Happened all year.

They and Rowntree aren't the tallest players going round and they have a low centre of gravity.

The one gripe I had today was when holding the ball was paid, the players were doing everything not to hand the ball back, laying on it, standing over the ball etc. with no 25 metres paid.  Also, recalling the bounce at the centre wasn't consistent.

yes one umpire was doing something to the centre constantly everytime he went to bounce the ball .

And the Adelaide players that didnt stop complaining to umpires non stop when the frees were against them and no 25 metre penalties for it .
How many other teams in the SANFL can back chat the umps and no 25 metres
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:21 pm

spell_check wrote:Now that was a gutsy win!  It took just about everything we had to do it though, especially with only one player left on the bench in the end.  Allmond was outstanding with some top marking and tackling; Rowntree with 12 clearances; Hayes with three goals.  Wundke being double teamed at every opportunity and Ainger having to share ruck duties again plus with McGregor off early meant that others had to share the goals around.

I hope the players regroup after that effort and not have a huge let down.  Boyd, Goldsworthy and Raikiwasa should come back into the side next week if it is likely that McGregor and Thompson can't play.  I'd love to see Thurlow back in the side too and not leave it up to Borholm practically all day to do the rucking.

Did you see aingers run down the wing getting 3 handballs and moving the ball forward
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:32 pm

mickyj wrote:
spell_check wrote:Now that was a gutsy win!  It took just about everything we had to do it though, especially with only one player left on the bench in the end.  Allmond was outstanding with some top marking and tackling; Rowntree with 12 clearances; Hayes with three goals.  Wundke being double teamed at every opportunity and Ainger having to share ruck duties again plus with McGregor off early meant that others had to share the goals around.

I hope the players regroup after that effort and not have a huge let down.  Boyd, Goldsworthy and Raikiwasa should come back into the side next week if it is likely that McGregor and Thompson can't play.  I'd love to see Thurlow back in the side too and not leave it up to Borholm practically all day to do the rucking.

Did you see aingers run down the wing getting 3 handballs and moving the ball forward

Yes I did Smile

Back to the ducking the heads thing; I don't like it either when an opponent ducks their head and wins a free. My comment before with Rowntree in particular is that they already go in low for the ball.
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum