Drama at City Mazda

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drama at City Mazda

Post by Lee on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:23 am

Patrons at Westies club rooms had their post-game celebrations interrupted last night when someone decided to try to smash in the door to the venue.  As he drove off to leave the parking area, patrons closed the big steel gates to keep his car in.  Shades of a million movies, he drove straight through the gates.

It's reported that it's captured on CCTV and the rego number noted.

Last edited by Lee on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Drama at City Mazda

Post by Big Phil on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Unhappy Double Blues supporter?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Not necessarily, BP.

Perhaps one of the difficult issues to do with poker machines?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:14 am

I wonder if he realises that when the police catch up with him he will be getting his car impounded for 14 days and will likely get a loss of licence for 5 years? - If you use your vehicle as weapon you lose your licence for 5 years if found guilty in addition to any other penalties. People should think a lot more carefully before losing their temper behind the wheel...
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Ben W wrote:I wonder if he realises that when the police catch up with him he will be getting his car impounded for 14 days and will likely get a loss of licence for 5 years? - If you use your vehicle as weapon you lose your licence for 5 years if found guilty in addition to any other penalties. People should think a lot more carefully before losing their temper behind the wheel...

I had never heard that before, not that I was likely to use my car as a weapon.Smile
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:52 pm

I was a little surprised also when I saw it melted out in court to someone because the magistrate had to do it because it is the law and a mandatory penalty. - Yet drink driving which is probably just as bad is only 12 months...
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:51 am

Any Updates on this one?
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:23 am

Ben W wrote:Any Updates on this one?

Yep, the guy has been caught by the police.. apparently he's a local and well known so he was easy to track down. Don't know what charges he will face though.
firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum