Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:21 pm

I've heard everything now.

What a mob of precious little souls. The Alberton visitors rooms are half the size of Richmond, while Glenelg and Norwood's are half again.

Arseholes.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6855
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Flag No.10 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Perhaps they should go and play in a competition where the change rooms are bigger.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 1965
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Southee on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Perhaps they should go and play in a competition where the change rooms are bigger.

Yeah , with bigger egos too !!!!

What a farce !!!! Rolling Eyes
avatar
Southee

Join date : 2012-01-29
Posts : 922
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Thiele wrote:
Harts7 wrote:Residents at Yatala Prison have better facilities than what Port offer the away team at Alberton.


absolutely



they could always use their canvas tarpaulins they had at footy park & place them next to the family friendly areas & run out from there..............has any other team complained about it since the place opened in the late 1950's ?

ps, i've been in the away rooms at Alberton & you couldn't put a pool table in there & play eight ball
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6710
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by blacky on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Can't use the traps gunnar need them at Adelaide oval the way there going
avatar
blacky

Join date : 2011-12-23
Posts : 282
Location : Where there is a good beer
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Back in the site's early days, we did a comprehensive review of the facilities at every SANFL ground.

The review of visitors facilities can be found here: http://www.talkingfootysa.com/t109p32-sanfl-grounds, and Richmond's were given a very good review, especially when compared to Alberton's.

For the record, the scores given at the times for visitors facilities were:

Woodville: 12
Prospect: 10
Richmond: 8
Noarlunga: 6
Elizabeth: 5
Unley: 4
Alberton: 3
Glenelg: 2
Norwood: 1

_________________
Only a Cornes could get outraged over that
avatar
Brucetiki

Join date : 2012-01-24
Posts : 2652
Location : Wentworth Detention Centre
Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:16 pm

How much more does this mob want to disrespect the competition?

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6855
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by firstblood on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:32 am

Brucetiki wrote:Back in the site's early days, we did a comprehensive review of the facilities at every SANFL ground.

The review of visitors facilities can be found here: http://www.talkingfootysa.com/t109p32-sanfl-grounds, and Richmond's were given a very good review, especially when compared to Alberton's.

For the record, the scores given at the times for visitors facilities were:

Woodville: 12
Prospect: 10
Richmond: 8
Noarlunga: 6
Elizabeth: 5
Unley: 4
Alberton: 3
Glenelg: 2
Norwood: 1

I'm fairly sure since that post, the visitors room at Alberton has shrunk even more..i remember going in to set up for a reserves game only to find that they blocked off a bit an area to store or use that space for an extended gym.
avatar
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1304
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Scrunch on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:56 am

Just started watching the Recovery Session - That free kick given to Tom Logan is seriously one of the worst calls you will ever see. Astounding how the umpire can pay that.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1348

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by RODH2 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:20 am

I see one of the radio stations gave a score for "West Adelaide vs Port Power"......... Mad
avatar
RODH2

Join date : 2013-08-21
Posts : 146
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by firstblood on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:10 am

Scrunch wrote:Just started watching the Recovery Session - That free kick given to Tom Logan is seriously one of the worst calls you will ever see. Astounding how the umpire can pay that.

I made a short video of the incident... the West player could have had a serious injury and to give the Port player the free was a joke. In fact it's probably a reportable offence.



avatar
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1304
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Scrunch on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 am

Even pre-Sliding rule it shouldn't have been a free to Logan if he wants to dive head first at the ball.

I like the sliding rule and believe it needs to be taken seriously, and this is exactly the type of situation for which it was introduced. That West bloke could have been seriously injured from this contest.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1348

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Booney on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:11 am

How is that "disrespecting the competiton", Lee? Arseholes....? Shocked  

Rightyo,I guess I know where we stand with you then.  Lucky you logged in as Lee not "Admin" while posting that Port are arseholes. Might just be too many warming schnapps in the arctic circle.

Anyway, Port stayed on the ground at half time, so f'ing what? Is it not allowed? None of the kids or kick'n'catch areas were impacted upon so I suggest go back to working on breaking a 30+ year drought and stop worrying about others......
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Booney on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:19 am

Lee wrote:I've heard everything now.

What a mob of precious little souls. The Alberton visitors rooms are half the size of Richmond, while Glenelg and Norwood's are half again.

Arseholes.

avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Scrunch on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:22 am

Booney wrote:Anyway, Port stayed on the ground at half time, so f'ing what? Is it not allowed? None of the kids or kick'n'catch areas were impacted upon so I suggest go back to working on breaking a 30+ year drought and stop worrying about others......

I think that's the key point. If their actions interfered with the gameday experience for punters, then I'd understand a level of condemnation, but if there's been no interference then I don't really understand the big deal, or why anyone would have their nose out of joint over it.
avatar
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1348

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Booney on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:30 am

Scrunch wrote:
Booney wrote:Anyway, Port stayed on the ground at half time, so f'ing what? Is it not allowed? None of the kids or kick'n'catch areas were impacted upon so I suggest go back to working on breaking a 30+ year drought and stop worrying about others......

I think that's the key point. If their actions interfered with the gameday experience for punters, then I'd understand a level of condemnation, but if there's been no interference then I don't really understand the big deal, or why anyone would have their nose out of joint over it.

Port Adelaide are involved Scrunch, in that way common sense isn't quite so common.

Then, of course, Scrappy will have to come in with his Port Reserves jibes....does he contribute anything of substance to Port Adelaide games discussion at all anymore?


Last edited by Booney on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Booney on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:31 am

Scrappy wrote:Is it true ?
The Port Reserves players stayed on the oval during the half time break?

Like this....^^
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Booney, I've worked in all the visitors rooms for years. The Alberton rooms have always been tiny and cramped. Glenelg and Norwood are tiny.

This is just AFL precious and Port should be fined by the SANFL over this.

Presumably not enough room for their full time GPS specialist and mirror attendants.

Arseholes.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6855
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Booney on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Lee wrote:Bloney, I've worked in all the visitors rooms for years. The Alberton rooms have always been tiny and cramped. Glenelg and Norwood are tiny.

This is just AFL precious and Port should be fined by the SANFL over this.

Presumably not enough room for their full time GPS specialist and mirror attendants.

Arseholes.

Laughing

GPS - Getting Pissed Saturdays?

Can take the boy out of Richmond, but can't take Richmond out of the boy. Laughing

avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Scrappy on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Port Reserves team are the players who represent the club in the SANFL
Most of the players are aligned with the AFL entity
The AFL team comprises of the first 22 players selected
The next 21 selected go to the SANFL
That is fact, they are the reserve team of Port Power

When discussing on this site about this team I have and will continue to call them Port Reserves
avatar
Scrappy

Join date : 2012-05-15
Posts : 3232

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Booney on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Scrappy wrote:Port Reserves team are the players who represent the club in the SANFL
Most of the players are aligned with the AFL entity
The AFL team comprises of the first 22 players selected
The next 21 selected go to the SANFL
That is fact, they are the reserve team of Port Power

When discussing on this site about this team I have and will continue to call them Port Reserves

Rolling Eyes

If you wish to treat others posters as f***wits, please go on.

I think we're all aware of the current situation but please, bleat on about at your discretion.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Booney, it's just precious of Hocking. It's reasonable to point out that Alberton's rooms are way smaller than Richmond's.

He leaves himself open to the criticism he's rightly getting.

Not a good look.

_________________
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
avatar
Lee

Join date : 2011-12-05
Posts : 6855
Location : Talking footy
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Booney on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:24 pm

It's not the size of the room, it's the amount of people that we choose to have around the side that is relevant.  WE CHOOSE.

But I guess the amount of people, support crew, academy players etc is of everyone else's concern?

3 pages on this game and 2.98 pages are bullshit that make no odds to how the game was played, who played well, who didn't.

Thanks for having me guys.
avatar
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by The Hatchet on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:23 pm

storm in a teacup. maybe not great manners but at the end of the day, Port would only harm.themselves if they don't use the rooms. not obliged to use them although not a great look. no rule says they have to go inside. time to talk about the game itself.
avatar
The Hatchet

Join date : 2012-12-31
Posts : 220
Location : Ready to strike with the axe

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 10: West v Port - Saturday 13 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Paul on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Booney wrote:3 pages on this game and 2.98 pages are bullshit that make no odds to how the game was played, who played well, who didn't.

Bit like another site hey?
avatar
Paul

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1715
Location : Whyalla
Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum