AFL Timeslots

Go down

AFL Timeslots

Post by Scrappy on Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 am

I love watching any football, grass roots to AFL
I will only comment on this season thus far
There are too many games that are clashing with each other
You get to about 3/4 time in one game, and the next game is commencing
Its irritating as I cant see both games at once, or even listen to both games at once on the radio

I can understand when there are multiple games on a Saturday , that it is difficult to have them starting and ending concurrently
Is it that difficult to programme one game finishing then the next game starting in day games ?
When the overlap is about 30-45 minutes , surely some games can start earlier or finish later

Sunday 10/5 is beyond rationality
We have 2 games

Carlton v Brisbane
2-50 pm

Port Adelaide
4:10 pm

When Carlton and Brisbane are playing into the 3rd quarter , the Port Power West Coast game will commence

Only 2 games and they clash  ....
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Re: AFL Timeslots

Post by Paul on Sun May 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Usually on a Sunday, there are 3 games. The middle game (2.30 SA time) starts before first one finishes and late game starts before middle game finishes. Only 2 games today is due to Mothers Day (according to the AFL, but that's never been the case in previous years).

Too many teams to fit them all as one off games. Games clashing is good for the footy lover in a way, if one is boring (as often is) flick to the other Very Happy Just hope they don't get ridiculous and go back to Monday or Thursday nights.
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Mon May 11, 2015 9:24 am

I bloody hate the 4pm games. When you've got little kids like I have it cuts right over the dinner/bedtime routine.
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Mon May 11, 2015 11:12 am

Carlton v Brisbane was an exciting game
Could not watch most of the second half[as expected] of that match as the other game between Port Power v West Coast commenced

Is this done deliberately by the AFL in conjunction with the TV stations ?
Is it advantageous to have 2 games played simultaneously ?
Why is it so ?
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum