2015 Attendance Comparison Thread

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2015 Attendance Comparison Thread

Post by mickyj on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 pm

waddayamean wrote:The stats quote was a joke. Rolling Eyes

I have stated all along that West , South and the Eagles are the lowest crowd pulling clubs. I don't base my comments on figures over 5 years . The Eagles record since their merger on field has been terrific. No one saying that and I never have. Here is a question . Who would draw a bigger GF crowd ? North V Centrals or Eagles V South. ?

I think you've gone over the top again
You keep telling us they have small crowds
But they win games play in finals .

I take it from reading your posts your a Norwood fan perhaps you should give Norwood advice on making it to the finals series and not living in the past with 3 in a row .
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:20 pm

mickyj wrote:

I have stated all along that West , South and the Eagles are the lowest crowd pulling clubs. I don't base my comments on figures over 5 years . The Eagles record since their merger on field has been terrific. No one saying that and I never have. Here is a question . Who would draw a bigger GF crowd ? North V Centrals or Eagles V South. ?

I take it from reading your posts your a Norwood fan perhaps you should give Norwood advice on making it to the finals series and not living in the past with 3 in a row .

Whats written there to say he/she is a Norwood supporter? Might want to work on those insecurities Micky
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Scrunch wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Whats written there to say he/she is a Norwood supporter? Might want to work on those
insecurities Micky
no I read it on this page on another topic
But honestly how many times does he need to go on and on and on and on about teams that have low crowds it's boring scrunch
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:03 pm

waddayamean wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Mate your posts make no sense. When you say 'they', I assume you mean the Eagles. Not sure what you mean by going over the top gain though. Are you wanting some back up ?

What I'm saying your posts of clubs having poor fan bases are boring simple as that you repeat yourself over and over and over
We as members of talking footy understand that the clubs you post about have poor fan bases .
But you never say why clubs with poor fan bases actually win more games than teams with more fans ?
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:25 pm

waddayamean wrote:If mine are boring can I say yours are stupid ? So now you agree that the clubs I have mentioned have poor supporter bases ? Yes I have said why. For some reason we need to compare the last 5 years with crowds. Compare the last 100 years ! Sorry for posting the obvious which makes it boring .

The reason it's boring is you post it over and over .
You have pointed out the clubs with a smaller supporter base .
So why keep going on
Move onto something else
Stupid yep that's me but I support my team small fan base I go to matches every week .
I'm so stupid I enjoy watching my SANFL team .
I'm so stupid I don't complain about small crowds .
I'm so stupid cause I answer you on talking footy
I'm so stupid I point out the obvious you post the same boring stuff
Yep I'm stupid I'm a stupid nobody nothing
Call me stupid no worries call me whatever you like
Cause names don't hurt
Oh and calling me stupid is better than dying which I almost did .
The Eagles are lucky I didn't die one less fan at the games .
I certainly am stupid
But at least I support my SANFL team
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:41 pm

mickyj wrote:But at least I support my SANFL team

You mean, at least state which one you support and not hide behind a blank.
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:43 pm

spell_check wrote:
mickyj wrote:But at least I support my SANFL team

You mean, at least state which one you support and not hide behind a blank.
Yep that I do
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:46 pm

waddayamean wrote: Settle down. I don't say it over and over at all. It gets mentioned over and over and over  about how good your supporter base is.

Micky have a think before you post .

Good advice for you

You should learn that because I have sustained a traumatic brain injury in October 2015 , I am not totally stupid .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Wddymn wrote:Who would draw a bigger GF crowd ? North V Centrals or Eagles V South.

I love it when you ask me questions. Smile

Well if crowds this year are any guide
Rd 13 Eagles v South @ Woodville drew 1778
Rd 18 North v Central @ Prospect drew 1783

So North v Central these two clubs with such bigger active supporter bases then Eagles & South drew 5 more people. Major difference that.

Hosting South this year
@ Central 2037
@ Eagles 1778
@ North 1649

Hosting North this year
@ Central 4544 (Good Friday game)
@ Eagles 2021
@ South 1164

Hosting Central this year
@ Eagles 2400
@ North 1783
@ South 1487

In none of these examples do the Eagles have the worst home crowd.

Crowd wise I'd back an Eagles v North GF to beat Central v South.   I'd also back an Eagles v Central GF to beat a North v South one.
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:58 pm

Ok if not over 5 years, how long?
If we're going back to 1991, Is that far back relevant?
I would have thought the last 5 years and perhaps the last couple are the most relevant to determining whether the finals are 'doomed to low crowds' from the clubs you mention.'

However, I have no reason to dispute Phil's and Spelly's figures quoted.
They would seem to support that at least the Eagles won't be the cause of low crowds.
However, even if they are, that may happen from time to time. As per last year's GF with 2 of your "low support" clubs.
And there were 3 lower attendances than that during the Centrals reign of dominance.

Yes Eagles have done ok since the merger.
But are North relevant to this year's finals?

I still fail to see the actual point to what you state above and I'm getting dizzy trying to understand.
Perhaps I'll just leave it there.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:51 pm

waddayamean wrote:
PhilH wrote:
Wddymn wrote:Who would draw a bigger GF crowd ? North V Centrals or Eagles V South.

So North v Central these two clubs with such bigger active supporter bases then Eagles & South drew 5 more people. Major difference that.

Hosting South this year
@ Central 2037
@ Eagles 1778
@ North 1649

Hosting North this year
@ Eagles 2021
@ South 1164

@ Eagles 2400
@ North 1783
@ South 1487

Crowd wise I'd back an Eagles v North GF to beat Central v South.   I'd also back an Eagles v Central GF to beat a North v South one.

I didn't ask you . No wonder Micky reckons it's boring. The topic keeps getting changed.
Minor round games are hardly a guide these days .

The question that you responded to was who would draw the biggest crowd North V Central and South V Eagles. No otehr combination , a simple question.

It seems to be quite hard for some to understand that Eagles , South and West would have the lowest supporter bases. Have for years and years . It is not a criticism just a fact. South supporters agree , most West supporters too.

I think you'll find Eagles fans know about our fan base .
But you haven't answered that question I asked of you .
You have told us again about the low numbers of fans as in this post I have quoted again .

How do these clubs that have a poor supporter base make the finals and win flags .
Waiting for an answer a sensible answer please .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:02 pm

Why are the eagles successful with a low supporter base is what you've asked, apart from club stability, a team list with plenty of depth & players happy to be there  is the football club answer, however your question regarding low supporter base is pretty simple, it does not matter how big or small a clubs supporter base is because I've never seen one supporter from any club get the ball & help their team on the field of play
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:29 pm

bayman wrote:Why are the eagles successful with a low supporter base is what you've asked, apart from club stability, a team list with plenty of depth & players happy to be there  is the football club answer, however your question regarding low supporter base is pretty simple, it does not matter how big or small a clubs supporter base is because I've never seen one supporter from any club get the ball & help their team on the field of play

Spot on Bayman thank you
The other person just seems to bait other posters .
Yep I ain't bright by comparison
But I go every week ( excluding my burst ear drum two weeks back ) and support my team . Which is all that matters to me .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:23 pm

waddayamean wrote:
mickyj wrote:
waddayamean wrote:
PhilH wrote:

Hosting South this year
@ Central 2037

@ Eagles 1778
@ North 1649

Hosting North this year
@ Eagles 2021
@ South 1164

@ Eagles 2400
@ North 1783
@ South 1487

I didn't ask you . No wonder Micky reckons it's boring. The topic keeps getting changed.
Minor round games are hardly a guide these days .

The question that you responded to was who would draw the biggest crowd North V Central and South V Eagles. No otehr combination , a simple question.

It seems to be quite hard for some to understand that Eagles , South and West would have the lowest supporter bases. Have for years and years . It is not a criticism just a fact. South supporters agree , most West supporters too.

I think you'll find Eagles fans know about our fan base .
But you haven't answered that question I asked of you .
You have told us again about the low numbers of fans as in this post I have quoted again .

How do these clubs that have a poor supporter base make the finals and win flags .
Waiting for an answer a sensible answer please .

Struggling again with most of this . On the question of how clubs with low supporter bases win flags ? Um they are a better team .
Mate the point is AND NOTHING ELSE, the eagles have a small supporter base. Yes now it is BORING .

So why keep making posts about it Eagles fans know it and every member on talking football knows it .
So why keep telling us .
You've also mentioned West and South IIRC
Why repeat yourself everyone knows the fan base numbers . Which is due a lot to you telling us over and over .
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:58 pm

??? wrote:It seems to be quite hard for some to understand that Eagles , South and West would have the lowest supporter bases.

Your statement says "HAVE" ... ie current tense, where clubs are at NOW, who is turning up NOW .. your assertion that Eagles are bottom 3 is not backed up by any current figures which clearly show otherwise, instead you rely on figures from a time long since past.

If you think that judging size of supporter bases now on attendance figures

- before there was any AFL football in SA

- before a generation has passed that remembers SANFL being the #1 league in total.

- before we had an AFL game in town every week and saturation TV coverage of AFL games from Friday night to Sunday night.

- before the Crows and Power put reserves team in the SANFL alienating so many that had still stayed the course.

- before the grand final moved from being a stand alone event a week after the AFL grand final to competing against AFL prelims a week before.

And that these figures are still more relevant than figures provided over the past few years ..... then good luck to you.
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:23 pm

you keep wanting to throw minor round games for the current yearr out there.

Not just the current year, the last FIVE YEARS, where every season the Eagles have been in the middle three for home crowds, including 5th, 5th & 5th (out of 9) the past 3 seasons.

Do you think The Eagles have more supporters than.....

Comes down to what you define as a "supporter"?

If you think it is just someone who just says I support X despite not being a member or going to games I can only ask what is the point of including them as they are of no value to their football club.  By that theory you would also wholly welcome the Crows and Power reserves in the SANFL because that brings hundreds of thousands of new supporters now following the league, who cares if they don't go to a game.

If you include people who used to follow SANFL pre AFL in the 1980's and who dropped off active involvement when Crows came in, then I guess I can include Woodville & West Torrens supporters who dropped off after the combined merger/crows entry at the exact same time (end of 1990).

Personally I define supporter as someone who follows a club in some active capacity.... ie comes to an occasional game or is a member.

Based on that and you putting the question in the present tense of "Eagles HAVE" I would rank in the following order

#1 Norwood
#2 Sturt (not far behind)
#3 Glenelg (still top 3 for home crowds despite being wrong end of table)

big gap

#4 Central, This year 76 pg more than Eagles for home games, Eagles 114pg more than Dogs over all 18 games. I conceed Dogs fans come from everywhere for finals.

#5 / #6 Eagles & Port in pretty much a tie. I never thought I would see the day when SANFL crowds at Woodville are higher than Alberton but this is what occurred this year. Eagles now get more to their games as Magpie fans fall away but if they all came back ...?. Give it 2 more years Port could be #8 or #9.
#7 North  Averaged 1921 per home game this year, a drop off of 27% over last 3 years. Eagles have had higher home crowds last 3 years.

another gap

#8 & #9 West & South... I call this a tie. I know West get slightly more to their home games but if South do go deep into finals I have a vibe they will suddenly generate support from everywhere similar to Woodville's run in 1986.

another gap

#10 Adelaide   (based on number actively supporting SANFL side by going to occasional game)

I don't know why you don't want to include the AFL teams, can't they play SANFL finals or impact attendances at SANFL games?  And wasn't the initial vibe of this tread that the Crows involvement in the finals would be one factor in lower crowds turning up?
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum