Fishing

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by firstblood on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:24 am

Threw a couple of crab nets into West Lakes last night opposite the Bartley Tavern on Bartley Terrace...caught a dozen nice big bluey's in 3 hours. I would say crabs would be plentiful just about any where in West Lakes at the moment. There's a nice park there if you take the family and kids to have a bit of fun.
The crabs should still be around for a few weeks yet. I suggest anyone having a go to throw your nets out about 5 meters to avoid
Snagging on the rocks. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1352
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:04 am

firstblood wrote:Threw a couple of crab nets into West Lakes last night opposite the Bartley Tavern on Bartley Terrace...caught a dozen nice big bluey's in 3 hours. I would say crabs would be plentiful just about any where in West Lakes at the moment. There's a nice park there if you take the family and kids to have a bit of fun.
The crabs should still be around for a few weeks yet. I suggest anyone having a go to throw your nets out about 5 meters to avoid
Snagging on the rocks. Smile

Seen blueys in the pat as well

Today two dolphins were swimming around .
Couldn’t catch any big fish just some small salmon and a 21 cm bream .
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2251
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by bayman on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:39 am

Dolphins, were they swimming in the Patawalonga Mickyj ?

There was vision of a dolphin & a dog swimming together a few weeks ago, also in the Patawalonga
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:08 pm

bayman wrote:Dolphins, were they swimming in the Patawalonga Mickyj ?

There was vision of a dolphin & a dog swimming together a few weeks ago, also in the Patawalonga

Yep they were eating fish
I saw that dog weeks before it was up on the news .
I was shocked watching it swim across the Pat then swim half the length of the Pat and the dolphin would play with it . Until it got tired of the dog and swam off .

The owner and dog I've only seen on Sundays but no dolphin no dog swims
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2251
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:12 pm

bayman wrote:Dolphins, were they swimming in the Patawalonga Mickyj ?

There was vision of a dolphin & a dogwss swimming together a few weeks ago, also in the Patawalonga

I should say it's autumn and Micky migrates to West lakes. Due to the bream going away today showed it's to early yet seeing I got one in the 21cm range.
Last autumn I was landing bream 30 to 32 cm
And salmon to 32 cm
Believe me the entire lake erupting when salmon schools start feeding is unreal .
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2251
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by bayman on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Ok thanks mate, not today because of the heat but I’ll walk over & have a look tomorrow
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm

bayman wrote:Ok thanks mate, not today because of the heat but I’ll walk over & have a look tomorrow

I can’t say he’ll be there haven't seen the dog in awhile .
But his owner walks him on the seaside of the Pat .
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2251
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:32 pm

bayman wrote:Ok thanks mate, not today because of the heat but I’ll walk over & have a look tomorrow

Not sure if you went today two dolphins no swimming dog.
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2251
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Fishing - Page 3 9to9yw

This was my largest after the dolphins left .
Not legal only 24 cm
Very dark colour must’ve been past the barrages at the pat
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2251
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by bayman on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Yeah, I wandered over this morning & walked over the King street bridge, was looking but didn’t see anything, this was about 7.15am, I wasn’t there long though as I had to be at the Gawler trials by 9am
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:17 pm

bayman wrote:Yeah, I wandered  over this morning & walked over the King street bridge, was looking but didn’t see anything, this was about 7.15am, I wasn’t there long though as I had to be at the Gawler trials by 9am

Ahh I was further along couple of fishing buddies were over there .
mickyj
mickyj

Join date : 2012-02-21
Posts : 2251
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing - Page 3 Empty Re: Fishing

Post by bayman on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Ok thanks mate
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7396
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum