Get a Player's View - Ask Harts

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Get a Player's View - Ask Harts

Post by bayman on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:14 pm

whose your favourite SANFL commentator ?
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:44 am

How does your game-day routine before a SANFL game differ from your routine before an AFL game?

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 am

G'day again Adam,

There's some fair footballing ability between yourself and your brother, were mum and dad good sports people also, and if so which sports were they involved with?
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:26 am

Flag No.9 wrote:This is great reading Harts, thanks so much.

Can you tell us how aware you and the rest of the players are of the history of the club? i.e. when we won Premierships, who our past champions are etc? Is there any documentation or information session given to new arrivals to the club to acquaint them with this stuff? (Some of us think it's important, and that it can help current players if they see they are a continuation of a long line of events.)

I know that when players are first shown through the West Adelaide club rooms and change rooms they are given a brief run down of the clubs history. I remember Andy Collins taking me through the club when I first arrived back and showing me all of West Adelaide's past champions. Brownlow medalists, Magarey medalists, premiership players/teams, Ken Farmer medalists, Best & Fairest winners, captains of the club, game milestones, those drafted into the AFL, even those who served time during war are all recognised within the club rooms or change rooms at WAFC.
Harts7

Teams : Bloods, Power, Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:30 am

Big Phil wrote:Thanks Harts, great insight...

Next question...

Was that your little buzz boxwork car I parked next to a Thebby Oval last Friday night, down in the Southern Western pocket, near your change rooms?

If so, do your legs fit in? Wink

Haha! Yes, the Century 21 Urban buzz-box certainly is a struggle to get in and out of at times - especially a day or two after a game when stiff and sore. I'm trying to persuade the boss to upgrade from Honda Jazz to Ford Territory... or Hummer!
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:12 am

bayman wrote:whose your favourite SANFL commentator ?

Unfortunately I don't get to listen to a great deal of SANFL commentary as I'd like because of my own footballing commitments, but I think they do a fantastic job in promoting the SANFL competition.

It's hard to single out individual callers, but from what I have heard from the guys at RPH and LifeFM, they all do really good work and are passionate about our competition.
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:28 am

Flag No.9 wrote:How does your game-day routine before a SANFL game differ from your routine before an AFL game?

Good question Flag No.9

My game-day routine has change significantly since my time in Melbourne. I've learnt to relax a lot more and understand that it's not what I do on match day that's going to determine how I play, but what I've done the months and years prior.

I use to stress about so many little things prior to a game when I was in Melbourne:

-was I hydrated enough?
-had I eaten enough?
-have I stretched enough?
-have I slept enough?
-do I need to go for a jog/swim prior to the game?
-how am I feeling?

As I've gotten older/wiser/experienced, I'm far more comfortable with my game and what's required to play at SANFL level.
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Harts,

Who is your favourite SANFL player to watch?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Harts, you've got a brother playing with the greatest football club in Australia (  Very Happy  ) that has one of the most talked about fitness programs in the country.

Does Hammer give you an indication on the work load he is subjected too? 

How does that compare with your experience and the program you were under?

On a %age basis, what sort of % of his training would you do? ie - 30%/40%?
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Also, does he shout dinner when you go out?  Very Happy
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Scrunch wrote:G'day again Adam,

There's some fair footballing ability between yourself and your brother, were mum and dad good sports people also, and if so which sports were they involved with?

Dad played lots of footy, cricket and basketball growing up, and mum played netball. Neither made it to any great heights but apparently the old man was a pretty handy footballer. He grew up in Mildura and played in the Sunraysia competition up there, then moved to Melbourne for work before being transferred to Adelaide. He trained with Woodville West Torrens whilst Neil Kerley was at the helm, but was a little undisciplined and didn't play a senior match I don't think. He went on to play amateur football around Adelaide.

Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Big Phil wrote:Harts,

Who is your favourite SANFL player to watch?

I enjoy keeping an eye on blokes who I grew up playing with/against go about their footy.

Scotty Lewis (Eagles) I played with in my junior days at Westies
Wundke (Eagles) and Newton (Norwood) I played against in the AFL/VFL
Guy Page (Sturt) I grew up playing footy at the same local club, Edwardstown FC
John Hinge (Sturt) I played 1st XVIII footy with at Sacred Heart
Joey Anderson & Rhys O'Keeffe (North) and Aaron Joseph (Glenelg) I played with in Melbourne

So there's a few players that I do take interest in.

There's a couple of fellas at Westies that are great to watch when they're at their best, Taite Silverlock & Johnno Beech have produced some nice highlights over the past few seasons!
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Harts7 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Thanks Harts, great insight...

Next question...

Was that your little buzz boxwork car I parked next to a Thebby Oval last Friday night, down in the Southern Western pocket, near your change rooms?

If so, do your legs fit in? Wink

Haha! Yes, the Century 21 Urban buzz-box certainly is a struggle to get in and out of at times - especially a day or two after a game when stiff and sore. I'm trying to persuade the boss to upgrade from Honda Jazz to Ford Territory... or Hummer!

get mum to talk to the boss  Wink
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:20 am

Booney wrote:Harts, you've got a brother playing with the greatest football club in Australia (  Very Happy  ) that has one of the most talked about fitness programs in the country.

Does Hammer give you an indication on the work load he is subjected too? 

How does that compare with your experience and the program you were under?

On a %age basis, what sort of % of his training would you do? ie - 30%/40%?

We have a had brief discussions about training programs and work loads compared to my days at Carlton. The running programs and weights programs we had at Carlton in 2008/09 are quite similar to that of the Power's of today. I think all it really comes down to is the intensity that you train at and how hard you push yourself, along with how well you can recover and back up another solid session the next day.

I must say though, the commitment, dedication and professionalism that Hamish and the Power boys show off field in their 'down time' is top notch compared to my time at the Blues where we would let our hair down at almost every opportunity. Hamish is always looking at ways to improve himself and his game, even when away from the club. His diet and body maintenance is always a priority.

It's interesting that nowadays the training program prior to Christmas for the Power boys is far shorter than that of my time at the Blues. Hamish's first training session back at the Power this pre-season was on the 1st of December. They then took off too Dubai on the 5th and trained until the 14th, and have time off until early Jan. Compared to my time at Carlton where we would start pre-season at the start of November and train through to the 23rd of December. So it is interesting how different the two clubs pre-Christmas training regimes compare.

It's hard to compare the amount of training we do at West Adelaide compared to the Power. Again, we at Westies started up on the 10th of November and finished with a beep test this morning at 6am. We've been training 5 nights a week plus Saturday morning sessions. So at this stage of the year I'd say we've trained more than them?! But again, it's all about how hard they work compared to us and the intensity they work at during their sessions.

I hope that gives you a little bit of insight, I can't really give an accurate answer as to a % of training we do in the SANFL compared to those in the AFL. In season I'd say we do just as many football sessions a week as those in the AFL, but don't have the same time allowances to thoroughly do our match review, our upcoming opposition meetings, massage/physio sessions, strength and rehab sessions, that the full time footballers are allowed. Solely a time thing.

Hope that answers your question.
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks Harts.

It's interesting you note training loads are similar, it's just intensity that differs.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for your time and honesty in here mate, it's been fantastic to have a seasoned pro take the time to answer some questions posed by interweb forum users. Well done mate....( Who does your ink? )
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Yes I have to echo Booney's sentiments. I've been a bit of a critic of yours Adam for some "loose" moments on the field, but never doubted your ability. You've provided a great insight into various levels of footy and reinforced my belief that the vast majority of blokes playing SANFL are quality young lads. Much respect.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Booney wrote:Thanks Harts.

It's interesting you note training loads are similar, it's just intensity that differs.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for your time and honesty in here mate, it's been fantastic to have a seasoned pro take the time to answer some questions posed by interweb forum users. Well done mate....( Who does your ink? )

My pleasure. Will be here all season if any of you have some constructive feedback on my on-field performance Very Happy

I've had the majority of my work done at Jetty Road Tattoo. The lady there that has done all my work has moved to Canada though so have booked in with a fella called Rhys Paku at Wolf and Wren Tattoo. Hamish and Taite Silverlock have both been to him and he does a great job.
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Scrunch wrote:Yes I have to echo Booney's sentiments. I've been a bit of a critic of yours Adam for some "loose" moments on the field, but never doubted your ability. You've provided a great insight into various levels of footy and reinforced my belief that the vast majority of blokes playing SANFL are quality young lads. Much respect.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I must admit, even I sit back and scratch my head over some of my on-field antics. My emotions get the better of me at times, usually between 2pm & 5pm every Saturday during footy season Very Happy
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Harts7 wrote:
Booney wrote:Thanks Harts.

My pleasure. Will be here all season if any of you have some constructive feedback on my on-field performance Very Happy

I've had the majority of my work done at Jetty Road Tattoo. The lady there that has done all my work has moved to Canada though so have booked in with a fella called Rhys Paku at Wolf and Wren Tattoo. Hamish and Taite Silverlock have both been to him and he does a great job.

Good work Harts, Khan at Jetty Road has done some work for me, top place, excellent artists.
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Hey Harts,

Thanks for your involvement on here, it has been great fun...

Have a safe and happy Christmas and I'll see you at the trial games...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:03 am

Harts7 wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Yes I have to echo Booney's sentiments. I've been a bit of a critic of yours Adam for some "loose" moments on the field, but never doubted your ability. You've provided a great insight into various levels of footy and reinforced my belief that the vast majority of blokes playing SANFL are quality young lads. Much respect.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I must admit, even I sit back and scratch my head over some of my on-field antics. My emotions get the better of me at times, usually between 2pm & 5pm every Saturday during footy season Very Happy

I should know as well as anyone that what happens on the field stays on the field. Tend to forget that as the years pass and the playing days start to become a blur. Make the most of it mate because it's over all too quickly.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:39 am

Thanks again for your involvement on here, Harts, it has been really enjoyable getting a players insight directly through this forum...

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year period and look forward to seeing you on here again in 2015...
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:39 am

Big Phil wrote:Thanks again for your involvement on here, Harts, it has been really enjoyable getting a players insight directly through this forum...

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year period and look forward to seeing you on here again in 2015...

Thanks everyone for your questions and supporting the SANFL.

Have enjoyed my time on here answering your questions and will continue to do so.

Have a great and safe Christmas and New Year.

Cheers
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 am

Hey Harts,

Happy New Year...

Hope you had a good break...

What is a the tranining load for the Bloods now the new year is upon us?

Cheers,

BP
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 pm

Big Phil wrote:Hey Harts,

Happy New Year...

Hope you had a good break...

What is a the tranining load for the Bloods now the new year is upon us?

Cheers,

BP

Cheers BP!

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

We returned to training last night with some ball work and running at the end of training. Was nice to have our one of our newest recruits out on the track, Errin Wasley-Black from NT. The warm, wet conditions certainly suited him and he looks to be a very handy acquisition to the senior side.

Our training schedule for the next couple of months will be skills and running on Monday, Wednesday & Friday nights, along with strength and conditioning sessions on Tuesday & Thursdays. There's an optional session on Saturday mornings also for those "underdone".

Once the season comes around proper, we'll have the same schedule bar Thursday's where we'll have a day off.
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum