Get a Player's View - Ask Harts

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Get a Player's View - Ask Harts

Post by Lee on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:35 am

Pleased to pass on that Adam and Sarah now have a lovely daughter, Indiana.

Congratulations from all here at TalkingFootySA Very Happy

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Newborns are always great news. Congrats Adam and Sarah.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Harts, how's the early stages of fatherhood treating you?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:43 pm

I appreciate the messages and well wishes guys, cheers!

Little Indianna is going really well thank you. She's amazing. I have quickly learnt to catch up on as much sleep as I can, at every moment possible.
Harts7

Teams : Bloods, Power, Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Hate to break it to ya Harts, you dont ever make up the lost sleep mater, you just learn to do things tired. But you wouldn't swap it for the world!!!
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Scrunch wrote:Hate to break it to ya Harts, you dont ever make up the lost sleep mater, you just learn to do things tired. But you wouldn't swap it for the world!!!

until they become teenagers, then you can't get them out of bed until after lunch time at best, as Scrunch says you wouldn't change it for anything, world included

congratulations Adam, i hope i run into mum in the next week so i can call her granny Laughing Laughing
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Hey Harts,

It has been a while since you have been asked any questions on here...

Thought I would fire off a couple, if that is okay?

- Obviously you would be disappointed to lose to Norwood last weekend, but what did the team take away from the clash?

- It is quite clear in The Recovery Session vision that at that very last ball-up of the game, in the northern goal square, you were coming from out the back of the pack to go third man up, at the stoppage.

- Was this a set play or did you just take it upon yourself to try and go third man up? You were obviously down there amongst A LOT of other players and I assume the intention from yourself was to try and hit it back into play and into a dangerous area?

- Finally, as is pretty clear in the vision, you had your run at the ball taken away from you by the body of Callum Bartlett crashing into you, from where you were forced to the ground.

The siren then sounds, signalling the Norwood win, but out of the side of the shot, I see your good self charging back toward the fifty, verbalising to someone, about something?

I assume that was you asking the other umpire, not officiating at the ball up down in the goal-square, whether he saw the 'block' that stopped you going third man up?

Thanks ink advance for your response, mate...

Cheers,

BP
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Big Phil wrote:Hey Harts,

It has been a while since you have been asked any questions on here...

Thought I would fire off a couple, if that is okay?

- Obviously you would be disappointed to lose to Norwood last weekend, but what did the team take away from the clash?

- It is quite clear in The Recovery Session vision that at that very last ball-up of the game, in the northern goal square, you were coming from out the back of the pack to go third man up, at the stoppage.

- Was this a set play or did you just take it upon yourself to try and go third man up? You were obviously down there amongst A LOT of other players and I assume the intention from yourself was to try and hit it back into play and into a dangerous area?

- Finally, as is pretty clear in the vision, you had your run at the ball taken away from you by the body of Callum Bartlett crashing into you, from where you were forced to the ground.

The siren then sounds, signalling the Norwood win, but out of the side of the shot, I see your good self charging back toward the fifty, verbalising to someone, about something?

I assume that was you asking the other umpire, not officiating at the ball up down in the goal-square, whether he saw the 'block' that stopped you going third man up?

Thanks ink advance for your response, mate...

Cheers,

BP

G'day BP! Hope you and all Talking Footy SA posters are well.

Yes, disappointing not to take away any points against Norwood last weekend. I thought we played some good footy in patches, but let ourselves down, including myself, with poor disposal around the ground. Norwood always bring a greater intensity to the game than most other teams in the SANFL, and it does take a little while to adapt to their intensity and pressure.

A really positive sign for us is that we were able to match them in this area for the majority of the game, and even played the match on our terms at certain times. Our endeavor and work rate this year has been evident in all of our matches, and has kept us in games we perhaps shouldn't have won (Eagles & South). It's been exciting and somewhat surprising to see us bounce back the way we have after such a disappointing season last year. We just need to keep working hard, stay focused and continue to win football games, as the race for the finals and the important double chance will be tight.

In regards to the last minute or so of last weeks game, it has been a tough pill to swallow. We can't solely blame the umpires for us losing the game on the weekend, we probably had enough chances to win the game ourselves. But a couple of those decisions on our goal line late in the game (holding the ball & ruck infringement) I believe would have been called, if it were anywhere else on the ground, or if Norwood were further ahead & the decision didn't have such an impact on the outcome of the game. But because it was so late in the game, it was such a tight contest, I don't think the umpires had the nerve to make the correct decision. I'm not sure who was commentating the game, but they made mention of both decisions whilst commentating and they were 100m from the contest, yet not 1 of the 3 blokes within 40m of the play could make the right call. As you can see I'm not very frustrated

I don't want to be seen as a sore loser or anything like that, but that's just how I saw it. What did you think of the decisions BP??
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Harts, really admire your honesty there. I didn't see the blocking incident, so can't comment, but from someone who was happy with the result I will concede you guys were pretty stiff not to collect the HTB call in the goal square.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Hey Harts,

Once again, thanks for responding mate. Your participation in this forum is fantastic and yourself and the WAFC should be applauded for doing so...

We, as passionate SANFL fans, absolutely love the insight and honesty you provide on here...

In regards to your questions back to me from my earlier post, see below:

Harts7 wrote:I'm not sure who was commentating the game, but they made mention of both decisions whilst commentating and they were 100m from the contest, yet not 1 of the 3 blokes within 40m of the play could make the right call. As you can see I'm not very frustrated
Chris Kendall, John Nankivell and myself were commentating for 5RPH on the day.

With the particular passages of play at the end you refer to, Chris was commentating at that particular time of the game.

I specifically remember CK mentioning at that moment in the call about you being blocked off the ball at that ensuing stoppage and then, as you would well know, the seconds following saw the final siren sound, thus ending the contest with a Norwood win.

Harts7 wrote:I don't want to be seen as a sore loser or anything like that, but that's just how I saw it.
In no way should your question be referred to as a 'sore loser' comment, mate. I think you are more than entitled to voice your opinion and question decisions from a game. Well done foe doing so.

Harts7 wrote:What did you think of the decisions BP??

I must confess that at the time of said incident, I had the binoculars up and the focus on my eyes were at the back of the pack, specifically on the Norwood goal line.

I was keen to observe who was back on the goal-line, for both sides, but I do recall seeing you go to ground out of my periphery vision and as I mentioned earlier, recall heard CK's comments through my head sets, at the time.

It wasn't until seeing the replay on The Recovery Session, and slowing it right down, that you can see Callum Bartlett bee-line for your good self, applying the aforementioned block, albeit illegally, in my post-viewing opinion.

I might have actually said in the call at the time, post final siren, that I thought you had either been blocked, (as we know can clearly see you were) or you may have ran into a team-mate, as your eyes were only on the ball and I recalled seeing you go to ground out of the corner of my eye.

Upon reflection, in my personal opinion, it looks like it was an obvious free kick to you, mate.

Had a free kick been paid to your good self, then it would have of course resulted in you having a shot on goal, post final siren, to kick a goal to record a draw !!!

I'd be curious as to what the feedback would be from an umpires observer, or even Shane Harris himself, as to their thoughts on that final couple of minutes, down in the goal-square.

I thought the umpires were pretty good, in general, throughout the game and we mentioned that a few times in the call. Obviously in that last minute goal-square scramble, there were a large number of players around the stoppage.

The umpires would have had to make observations through a fair bit of traffic, which would probably explain why the umpire officiating at the stoppage itself may not have seen you being blocked off the ball.

As you rightly questioned, both on the day and as intimated in your earlier post, I would be curious as to know what the other two field umpires observed from that particular passage.

Ah well, like you said, it is what it is and in hindsight, there were other elements of the game that you guys let yourselves down in.

No doubt, you would take plenty of positives out of it as well as knowing that there is still a bit of room for improvement.

Again mate, really appreciate your interaction in here, Adam.

Great work Smile

Cheers,

BP
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Good work Harts
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:28 am

How did you find the umpiring on the weekend, Harts?

Very Happy
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:50 pm

I have to say that Adam's form has been superb lately.

Adam, has becoming a father had a positive effect on your footy.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy on Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:52 pm

I am really pleased to see Harts discipline being near to impeccable.Great to see those spoils done without a free kick,something the AWFL can not accomplish.As i said at Prospect "WE LOVE YOU HARTS". Very Happy Very Happy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Lee wrote:I have to say that Adam's form has been superb lately.

Adam, has becoming a father had a positive effect on your footy.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the kind words, have certainly enjoyed the season we've had as a senior group at West Adelaide so far.

It's funny, a few people have asked me the same question regarding the birth of my daughter earlier this year and the influence it's had on me and my football. She has certainly had a calming influence on me in all areas of my life. I understand now that as a father I have a responsibility to be a role model, and I guess curbing my aggressiveness on field is something that's progressed naturally because of this.

Being one of the more senior players now and playing in a key-position in our youngish back-line, I feel it's important I'm out there leading the way for them, and missing games through suspension would be selfish of me.

I'm also eyeing off 100 games - if I can get through the remainder of this season unscathed, and play most games next season, I should have that milestone up by the end of next season, at the ripe age of 30!!! I don't know how many years I'll have in me after that... But having my name up on an honor board at SANFL level will be satisfying (hopefully with a premiership beside my name too).
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harts7 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Bundy wrote:I am really pleased to see Harts discipline being near to impeccable.Great to see those spoils done without a free kick,something the AWFL can not accomplish.As i said at Prospect "WE LOVE YOU HARTS". Very Happy Very Happy

Haha thanks Bundy, love you too Very Happy
Harts7

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Good work Harts. I am enjoying watching your footy this year and am glad you have curbed your agressiveness a bit this year. You are probably our most important player and are no good to us sitting in the grandstand.
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:45 pm

This is probably the best topic I've followed on various forums. Thanks Lee and Adam.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Great interview last night Harts
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:26 am

Just as an update, I thought Adam's game against Sturt at CHB was absolutely outstanding.

I hope every mark and spoil was noted by the Sturt Cheer Squad.

(who certainly aren't representative of all the other decent, loyal Sturt supporters).

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am

Nope they're not.
Generally an embarrassment now.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:08 am

Again, I thought Adam's game against Port was outstanding and his physical presence at the contest was important.

He was judged West's best player at the Club.

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:18 pm

He was magnificent yesterday, and not a hair out of place Wink
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:14 pm

I thought he was about soft on some of those spoils. Very Happy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:12 pm

brodlach wrote:He was magnificent yesterday, and not a hair out of place Wink

must've borrowed Carols hair gel Razz seriously he along with numerous other players did their job & did it well
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum