ISPs

Go down

ISPs

Post by Paul on Mon May 05, 2014 8:42 pm

My internet has been down since last Thursday. My Internet company having a 'Network Outage' or 'Mass Service Disruption'.
I'm with Dodo. Ok don't shoot me.

Who do people recommend? I need someone better. Which is probably every other company.
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ISPs

Post by Gingernuts on Mon May 05, 2014 9:06 pm

I've been with Internode for 12 months now and can't speak highly enough of them. Haven't even had to contact them for anything since setting it up, service has been uninterrupted since I plugged it in.
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Mon May 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Yes, I've been with Internode for years and they've been excellent.
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 pm

We have just recently changed to Bigpond, so far so good.
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior on Tue May 06, 2014 6:24 am

I've been with bigpond since 1996- very few outages ever- even in the old days. They're expensive but reliable. Have heard good things about tpg too.
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Tue May 06, 2014 10:59 am

Big Pond here.. as stated above, a little expensive but reliable.

I can't recall ringing them for anything other than to upgrade my broadband plan.

firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor on Wed May 07, 2014 8:12 am

Adam Internet

no dramas here, pay about $50 month for 200 gig
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Wed May 07, 2014 10:57 am

The Emperor wrote:Adam Internet

no dramas here, pay about $50 month for 200 gig
Same here never had a problem
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 am

firstblood wrote:Big Pond here.. as stated above, a little expensive but reliable.

I can't recall ringing them for anything other than to upgrade my broadband plan.

I left Big Pond a couple of years ago after their security software turned my computer into a brick.

Spent $300 getting it fixed, contacted them at which point they told me they had sent out an email with a fix for the problem to affected customers. Pointing out to them that I couldn't get to my email because of the problem fell on deaf ears. It became quite obvious to me at that point that they didn't need my custom.
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum on Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 am

I installed bigpond internet security when it first came out - it lasted 2 hours on my computer before I uninstalled the whole thing, rang them and said - um no thanks/forget it.

Turned your computer into a brick is a good explanation GN - that's how I felt too !!  Laughing 

I have been with bigpond since about 1996 as well - have had the odd problem, but nothing major to make me want to go elsewhere.

A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Thu May 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Have you chosen an ISP yet ?
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:26 am

Had to ring Telstra Bigpond today asking why i wasn't getting the download speeds i'm paying for...I'm supposed to get up to 30mb/ps download speeds which is the fastest they have via cable.  lately, download speeds have stopped to a crawl the last month almost as slow as the old dial up days. Evenings are worse, pages are very slow to load.
After a 10 minute wait and then being directed to another department and waiting a further 10 minutes, i spoke to a woman who i could not understand (Indian i gather) although she seemed nice enough when i did understand, i was told my modem is now obsolete (about 3 years old)  and needed to be replaced at my expense!! I told her ...sorry love, either you supply me with a new modem free of charge or i'l change carriers...'hang on a moment she says', i'l check with my manager to see if we will supply you a new modem free of charge. A minute or 2 later she replies, no problems, we will send you a new modem free of charge considering you have been a loyal customer...  
This is one of the few times iv'e had to call Telstra with a problem and with a happy ending.  Very Happy
firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:10 pm

testy wrote:
Have you chosen an ISP yet ?

Oops forgot about this  Embarassed 

Was a week with no Internet, not into ringing as it's impossible to understand them most times so left a message on their facebook page (using my phone) and told them "need net back on today for work or I'm going elsewhere". It was back up in about 90 minutes.

They told me a few days earlier it was due to Telstra doing work on some lines, thought I'd ring Telstra just to find out from them and they did confirm it.

Since being back up, I've had hardly any drop outs - used to get 2 or 3 a day.

Staying with dodo for the moment. $39 a month with unlimited downloads and I do alot.
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Been with Adam for a couple of years, and if changing ISP's wasn't such a headroot, I'd switch providers when my contract is up.

The internet service is reliable enough, used to drop out heaps, but I think that was more to do with my ex's laptop than the connection itself.

The customer service in their call centre though is embarrassing. Really long wait times (average about 20-30 minutes) on hold before getting put through to someone, and their staff are quite rude and argumentative. Also, if you refer a friend, make sure you follow up your Adam Rewards discount, otherwise they'll never apply it to your account.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Brucetiki wrote:and if changing ISP's wasn't such a headroot,

Main reason I didn't in the end, the hassle. Oh my gawd.
Paul

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum