SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Big Phil on Tue May 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Port Magpies player Henry Slattery has been suspended for 5 weeks for his hit on Sturt's Jack Stephens...

SANFL Tweet wrote:@PAFC_Magpies Henry Slattery has been suspended for 5 Matches for Rough Conduct
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4226
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by countrycousin on Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Big Phil wrote:Port Magpies player Henry Slattery has been suspended for 5 weeks for his hit on Sturt's Jack Stephens...

SANFL Tweet wrote:@PAFC_Magpies Henry Slattery has been suspended for 5 Matches for Rough Conduct
I think it's appropriate, but at the lower end of appropriateness. I expected somewhere between 5 and 7. I think the important thing here, is that ALL players, and coaches, need to recognize that the game has changed, and that violent conduct, causing serious injury, is not acceptable. The reason for this change is obvious. The game has become increasingly professional, and thus more dependent on commercial sponsors, TV advertisers etc. Those companies who put up the money, to have their names and reputations associated with the spectacle, do NOT want to be associated with violence and serious injury, as part of that spectacle. That's the hard reality for football in the modern world. The AFL recognizes this and their rules and attitudes will inevitably filter down to all levels of the game. And may I say that I agree with this. Skill, not brute force, is why I still invest my own time and money in supporting the game. I should also add, that my attitude would be the same if the club affiliations of the players concerned were reversed.
avatar
countrycousin

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 473
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Tue May 13, 2014 7:35 pm

I think it's a pitch aimed more at the Mums than anyone else.

"lower end of appropriateness" - I like that wordage, I might use it sometime.

avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2788
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by BloodnTars on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:39 pm

I am assuming the IRP will be very busy at the moment with quite a few incidents from the weekend.

You would think Crouch, Rolfe, Alleway, Flynn and Clinch could be in a fair amount of trouble.

Alleway and Clinch must be getting close to the cut off where a life ban would be considered.
avatar
BloodnTars

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 898
Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by countrycousin on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:53 pm

BloodnTars wrote:I am assuming the IRP will be very busy at the moment with quite a few incidents from the weekend.

You would think Crouch, Rolfe, Alleway, Flynn and Clinch could be in a fair amount of trouble.

Alleway and Clinch must be getting close to the cut off where a life ban would be considered.
FROM SANFL: "Glenelg forward Clint Alleway has been offered a three-match ban for striking South Adelaide’s Luke Durdin at Gliderol Stadium on Sunday. Alleway’s poor record – he has been suspended for five
matches in the past three years – and 43 carry over points, contributed to his offer."
avatar
countrycousin

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 473
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by BloodnTars on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Crouch 1
Flynn 2
Alleway 3
M White (Central) 1

Nothing for Clinch or Rolfe.
avatar
BloodnTars

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 898
Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by bayman on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Obviously no footage of the Rolfe on Joseph 'hit', well because it was about 10 metres behind the play when Rolfe ran past Joseph raising the elbow on the way past & ''AJ'' fainted, i have no time for cowardly acts & i have no time for the Alleway square up either
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6742
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Ben W on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Glenelg FC have gone independantly to the SANFL Tribunal to have charges laid on SAFC player Peter Rolfe, they are reported to have additional evidence than that which was presented at the previous SANFL review of the weekends round.

"SANFL News
17 Jun 2014
SANFL TRIBUNAL UPDATE
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

The SANFL Tribunal will sit on Tuesday night to hear an incident involving South Adelaide’s Peter Rolfe and Glenelg’s Aaron Joseph from Sunday’s game at Gliderol Stadium.

Joseph, who had to be stretchered from the field after the fourth-quarter incident, was diagnosed with concussion and took no further part in the match.

There was no conclusive vision of the incident, however, based on the evidence submitted by the Glenelg Football Club, the matter has been referred to the SANFL Tribunal for a hearing at 5.45pm on Tuesday.

avatar
Ben W

Join date : 2011-12-22
Posts : 1167
Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Ben W wrote:Glenelg FC have gone independantly to the SANFL Tribunal to have charges laid on SAFC player Peter Rolfe, they are reported to have additional evidence than that which was presented at the previous SANFL review of the weekends round.

"SANFL News
17 Jun 2014
SANFL TRIBUNAL UPDATE
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

The SANFL Tribunal will sit on Tuesday night to hear an incident involving South Adelaide’s Peter Rolfe and Glenelg’s Aaron Joseph from Sunday’s game at Gliderol Stadium.

Joseph, who had to be stretchered from the field after the fourth-quarter incident, was diagnosed with concussion and took no further part in the match.

There was no conclusive vision of the incident, however, based on the evidence submitted by the Glenelg Football Club, the matter has been referred to the SANFL Tribunal for a hearing at 5.45pm on Tuesday.


-The bays trying to salvage something from the wreckage which has been their season so far.

It must be disappointing to outbid every other sanfl club for a few recruits who cant get a kick and are costing the club huge bucks.
avatar
blueandwhite

Join date : 2012-01-22
Posts : 534
Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by bayman on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:15 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
Ben W wrote:Glenelg FC have gone independantly to the SANFL Tribunal to have charges laid on SAFC player Peter Rolfe, they are reported to have additional evidence than that which was presented at the previous SANFL review of the weekends round.

"SANFL News
17 Jun 2014
SANFL TRIBUNAL UPDATE
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

The SANFL Tribunal will sit on Tuesday night to hear an incident involving South Adelaide’s Peter Rolfe and Glenelg’s Aaron Joseph from Sunday’s game at Gliderol Stadium.

Joseph, who had to be stretchered from the field after the fourth-quarter incident, was diagnosed with concussion and took no further part in the match.

There was no conclusive vision of the incident, however, based on the evidence submitted by the Glenelg Football Club, the matter has been referred to the SANFL Tribunal for a hearing at 5.45pm on Tuesday.


-The bays trying to salvage something from the wreckage which has been their season so far.

It must be disappointing to  outbid every other sanfl club for a few recruits who cant get a kick and are costing the club huge bucks.


i saw the incident, i was about 30 metres from it, i was actually thinking have a look at Rolfe he's off to the next contest while Joseph was hardly moving, after the incident he wasn't moving at all, i can tell you with 100% accuracy it was a deliberate raised elbow that connected with his cranium.....Alleways' was just as deliberate & just as stupids as Rolfes' & neither of them was warranted & both were on par (or close to it) with Grockes' indiscretion at the start of the year..........for those that know me or read my posts will know i have constantly said Rolfe is the most underated player in the league & i have admired his footy, while everyone makes mistakes & he has made one here i will give him a chance but if i see another incident like that i'll then start calling him a thug.................................................................................................
so i take humbrige to the ''salvage from the wreckage'' comment because it is a club trying to look after one of its players unfairly dealt with & i would hope EVERY CLUB would do the same to look after their players in these situations, it isn't the 1970's anymore
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6742
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by testy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:08 pm


Well said bayman and good on the bays for standing up for one of there players.
I'm sure all clubs WOULD do the same given the circumstances you describe.
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Ben W on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:08 pm

SANFL News
Update from the SANFL.

18 Jun 2014
SANFL TRIBUNAL UPDATE
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

South Adelaide forward Peter Rolfe has been found not guilty after an incident involving himself and Glenelg's Aaron Joseph was heard by the SANFL Tribunal on Tuesday night.

There was no conclusive vision of the incident, however, based on the evidence submitted by the Glenelg Football Club, the matter was referred to the SANFL Tribunal.

But the SANFL Tribunal ruled that due to the lack of evidence, Rolfe could not be found guilty of a reportable offence.

Joseph, who had to be stretchered from the field after the fourth-quarter incident, was diagnosed with concussion and took no further part in the match.



avatar
Ben W

Join date : 2011-12-22
Posts : 1167
Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by bayman on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Ben W wrote:SANFL News
Update from the SANFL.

18 Jun 2014
SANFL TRIBUNAL UPDATE
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

South Adelaide forward Peter Rolfe has been found not guilty after an incident involving himself and Glenelg's Aaron Joseph was heard by the SANFL Tribunal on Tuesday night.

There was no conclusive vision of the incident, however, based on the evidence submitted by the Glenelg Football Club, the matter was referred to the SANFL Tribunal.

But the SANFL Tribunal ruled that due to the lack of evidence, Rolfe could not be found guilty of a reportable offence.

Joseph, who had to be stretchered from the field after the fourth-quarter incident, was diagnosed with concussion and took no further part in the match.




fair dinkum, even O.J. SIMPSON was found not guilty, so your point is ?
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6742
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by the prowler on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:33 pm

bayman wrote:
Ben W wrote:SANFL News
Update from the SANFL.

18 Jun 2014
SANFL TRIBUNAL UPDATE
By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

South Adelaide forward Peter Rolfe has been found not guilty after an incident involving himself and Glenelg's Aaron Joseph was heard by the SANFL Tribunal on Tuesday night.

There was no conclusive vision of the incident, however, based on the evidence submitted by the Glenelg Football Club, the matter was referred to the SANFL Tribunal.

But the SANFL Tribunal ruled that due to the lack of evidence, Rolfe could not be found guilty of a reportable offence.

Joseph, who had to be stretchered from the field after the fourth-quarter incident, was diagnosed with concussion and took no further part in the match.




fair dinkum, even O.J. SIMPSON was found not guilty, so your point is ?


I cannot see a point being made bayman, I see it as a report from the SANFL being submitted to the forum by a member of that forum.

I watched the game on the television which never showed the incident as the cameras followed the game, it was maybe 10 seconds after the incident that it was mentioned, 'a Glenelg player was down and Rolfe was the only South player in the area.'

Rolfe has raised his elbow on other occasions to various players from other clubs, fortunately getting away without impeding or injuring them. I have seen it happen at matches and I think to my self, jeez that was silly, no need to do those things. I agree with your thoughts bayman, and as for Alleway what he did was so silly at that stage of the game you wonder what goes through footballers minds sometimes.

Alleway should have got 2 matches IMO, 1 for the elbow and 1 for being so stupid.

Rolfe can consider himself lucky.

Will either player learn from these incidents.

I doubt it.

I agree with you bayman, Rolfe is underrated, however other clubs are now starting to keep a closer check on him, this is another part of his game that Rolfe has to prove himself on.
avatar
the prowler

Join date : 2013-06-27
Posts : 650
Location : Where ever I want to be.
Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Big Phil on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Another alleged incident will see Tiger veteran Clint Alleway front the tribunal...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3123/


Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4226
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by bomber14 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 pm

What allegedly happened in the alleged incident Phil?
avatar
bomber14

Join date : 2015-05-05
Posts : 16
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Big Phil on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:08 pm

bomber14 wrote:What allegedly happened in the alleged incident Phil?
Don't know bomber?

I guess we may find out tomorrow night?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4226
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by BloodnTars on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:14 pm

Alleway must be getting close to a life ban. Seems to be getting suspended alot lately.
avatar
BloodnTars

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 898
Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by bayman on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:18 pm

i can't say anything about the Alleway incident because i didn't see anything....but i did see Lauchie Earl get punched in the nuts by a Power reserves player, this player Sharrad who isn't on the actual list gets fined $200.00 for an early plea, i'm sorry but biting, spitting, eye gouging. squirrel gripping & low blows should be dealt with much more harshly than the $200.00 or a one match ban that is ''on offer''
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6742
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Big Phil on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:50 am

You suggesting Alleway has been offered a 1 game suspension, Bayman?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4226
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by bayman on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Big Phil wrote:You suggesting Alleway has been offered a 1 game suspension, Bayman?

no i wasn't, read it carefully Wink i stated i never saw anything that Alleway did that could be reportable, given what he was reported for no one would have seen it from the crowd not that you see everything anyway & couldn't comment but added the port chaps' offer of $200.00 for the early plea was light in my opinion, i would have thought about a 4 week ban & given what Alleway apparently did he was lucky he got 2 weeks & not 4 weeks too
avatar
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 6742
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Big Phil on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:59 am

Alleway banned for 2 weeks as a result of spitting on Sid Masters...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3123/

Must be getting close to the deregistration amount of 16 games?
avatar
Big Phil

Join date : 2012-01-30
Posts : 4226
Location : at an SANFL game

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Flag No.10 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Spitting in his direction, not on him BP.

Flag No.10

Join date : 2012-01-07
Posts : 1977
Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Spitting in his direction, not on him BP.

Similar to that Monty Python line, ...."I fart in your general direction"
avatar
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 2788
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Re: SANFL Tribunal Results & Discussion

Post by UncleHuey on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:48 pm

So punching someone gets $200 and spitting in the direction of someone gets you 2 weeks. I'm confused. scratch

Obviously if you are not happy with someone you should just hit them is the message I am getting.
avatar
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1018
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum