Anyone here mechanically minded?

Go down

Anyone here mechanically minded?

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:27 am

My EF Ford Falcon has recently developed a vibration under deceleration....the vibration is mild but i can feel it through the floor of the car and a little in the steering wheel.. When i accelerate it's ok and no vibrations until i get to a steady speed and then there's a little vibration, and worse when i take my foot off the pedal.

Now, i know it's an older car (1996) but it's in good nick and has only done 150,000 ks.

My thoughts are possibly the universal joints are worn... i'm hope full that's the problem as it's a fairly cheap fix..

Anyone here have any thoughts?

avatar
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1334
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here mechanically minded?

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 pm

firstblood wrote:My EF Ford Falcon has recently developed a vibration under deceleration....the vibration is mild but i can feel it through the floor of the car and a little in the steering wheel.. When i accelerate it's ok and no vibrations until i get to a steady speed and then there's a little vibration, and worse when i take my foot off the pedal.

Now, i know it's an older car (1996) but it's in good nick and has only done 150,000 ks.

My thoughts are possibly the universal joints are worn... i'm hope full that's the problem as it's a fairly cheap fix..  

Anyone here have any thoughts?

Never mind... sorted.

Rear wheel bearings where shot. Mad 
avatar
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1334
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here mechanically minded?

Post by Paul on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:13 pm

At first read, thought this said mathematically. Was all set to help then.
avatar
Paul

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1717
Location : Whyalla
Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here mechanically minded?

Post by the prowler on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:01 pm

I wonder if the vibration goes away when you replace the wheel bearing affected?

avatar
the prowler

Join date : 2013-06-27
Posts : 650
Location : Where ever I want to be.
Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here mechanically minded?

Post by firstblood on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 pm

sapaul wrote:At first read, thought this said mathematically. Was all set to help then.
Thanks anyway... both rear wheel bearings need replacing, the driver side rear was absolutely gone. Had been for quite a while and iv'e never noticed any vibrations or noise coming from that wheel. Smile

Hopefully all fixed by late afternoon. cheers 
avatar
firstblood

Join date : 2011-08-24
Posts : 1334
My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here mechanically minded?

Post by testy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:06 pm

firstblood wrote:
sapaul wrote:At first read, thought this said mathematically. Was all set to help then.
Thanks anyway... both rear wheel bearings need replacing, the driver side rear was absolutely gone. Had been for quite a while and iv'e never noticed any vibrations or noise coming from that wheel. Smile

Hopefully all fixed by late afternoon. cheers 
Were they "Good Vibrations" FB Very Happy 
avatar
testy

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1432
Location : Dog House
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum