What's Not

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's Not

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:34 am

When your car is 2.1m+ high and turns worse than a battleship, parking becomes a challenge in the city. I worked 16 years in the city and I now loathe going there.

Where are all the Fourby friendly car parks? It's a bloody conspiracy.

Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Channel 7's 50 year special - trying to condense 50 years of history into 30 minutes was never going to work.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:18 pm

the SAHRC & HRSA being childish with each other to the detriment of the sport
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Work running my life
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:57 pm

getting home from work (early for a change), then deciding to get petrol in the car given the price of petrol at the moment, anyway i locked up the van, walk to the car & some clown in a white vehicle has side swiped me, not huge damage but it'll be costly enough even with insurance, at least petrol is down to $1.15 per litre, obviously no note not even a note that says something like ''sorry i hit your parked car'' Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:17 am

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Both parties are the same, so this is purely about human rights.

I'm ashamed we still have children in offshore detention, in terrible conditions, for years on end.

We've just again been criticised by world human rights bodies for our treatment of them.

I know it's not popular to bring this up, but demonising people for their religion, or refugee status, is a denial of human rights.

It's so silly now that our 'enemies' are (rightly) ISIL and (unbelievably) those fleeing ISIL.

The German people of the 1930's were told that Jews were their enemy and we have never understood how they could go along with it.

We should now.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:20 pm

I am amazed that our pollies (ie world collective pollies) can turn an apple into an orange and back into an apple before you've pumped 5 heartbeats.

This issue is just the same. Not our finest hour and continues into next week in a figurative sense.

And speaking of ISIL, (and I know that area's woes go back a thousand years) but more recently how much of this blight on humanity goes back to US "foreign policy" in manufacturing intelligence as a reason to invade Iraq in the first place.

The western hemisphere has never and will almost certainly never understand Islamic cultural politics. And that isn't even a single doctrine.

To get back to the concept of human rights, that is a far far distant item in the long list of things that make up a foreign (and even domestic) policy.

And we will buy apples or oranges or whatever is being peddled in the so called greater good
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Replaced my tyres a month ago and on Friday night has one blow out on me in the middle of nowhere.

Had to unpack the whole freaking car to get to the spare, and had 2 kids under 5 to entertain. To top the night off after I changed the flat and hopped in the car I turned the ignition and ...... nothing. Flat battery! Thankfully we managed to wave down someone with a charge pack so didn't have to wait the 45 mins for the RAA

I don't remember hitting anything (it would've had to have been a bloody big rock). I honestly believe it is a faulty tyre, but it's going to be some task to convince the supplier of that. My mechanic is going to do his best, but I reckon it will be unlikely. Very hard to prove unfortunately.
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:21 am

This correspondence in the press today

* Don Dunstan once called Adelaide the Athens of the southern hemisphere
In view of the amount of water main ruptures, we could become the Venice of the southern hemisphere.*
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:30 am

Gingernuts wrote:Replaced my tyres a month ago and on Friday night has one blow out on me in the middle of nowhere.

Had to unpack the whole freaking car to get to the spare, and had 2 kids under 5 to entertain. To top the night off after I changed the flat and hopped in the car I turned the ignition and ...... nothing. Flat battery! Thankfully we managed to wave down someone with a charge pack so didn't have to wait the 45 mins for the RAA

I don't remember hitting anything (it would've had to have been a bloody big rock). I honestly believe it is a faulty tyre, but it's going to be some task to convince the supplier of that. My mechanic is going to do his best, but I reckon it will be unlikely. Very hard to prove unfortunately.
Not quite the same but before I changed my tyres or bought new ones .
Passenger side kept going down kept pumping .
Got the car serviced they said new tyres you need them I was under pressure ok change them .
So a few weeks later I had my traumatic brain injury at a work function.
My eldest doesn't own a car so he is driving mine I can't drive at present not sure when .
But the rear passenger side tyre again we got tooted tyres flat
Pumped it up under a week yep down again
Seeing it's mine I said stuff it got junior to drive it to the end of the street tyre place yep puncture fixed swapped to the front.
Makes you think why the tyre in the same spot goes down once it's a new tyre
So it happens
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun May 28, 2017 8:47 am

The Media circus around Schapelle Corby
Thiele

Back to top Go down