HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Post by firstblood on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 am

firstblood wrote:Click on the link below to sign now and add a comment if you wish but not necessary, fill in the required fields and all email addresses are kept confidential, click sign now and then click on the signatures tab to view other comments. Please refrain from swearing as it doesn't help our cause.

Bump.... Please keep signing.
firstblood

My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:55 pm

JUICEBOXMAN wrote:I have just asked Kris Grant & I HAVE obtained The Club's approval, if I can put a sign up on the eastern mound at Elizabeth Oval for the entire season, it will say something along the lines of HANDS OFF OUR SANFL or AFL RESERVES FOR AFL ONLY!
Does anyone have any other ideas?
This IS endorsed by The CDFC.
I am currently getting a quote on how much it will cost to create, I can't afford this on my own, will anyone else help cover the cost?

Funny, I heard Chris Grant being interviewed on 5RPH Saturday night (BigPhil was the interviewer) and when asked about the sign he said it was not sancioned by the club scratch
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 pm

perhaps Kris Grant was saying what he had to on air Wink
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:20 pm

bayman wrote:perhaps Kris Grant was saying what he had to on air Wink
Yes, possibly?
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:29 am

firstblood wrote:Click on the link below to sign now and add a comment if you wish but not necessary, fill in the required fields and all email addresses are kept confidential, click sign now and then click on the signatures tab to view other comments. Please refrain from swearing as it doesn't help our cause.

Bump.
firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JUICEBOXMAN on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Received a phone call this afternoon from Chris Davies himself (thanks for handing out my mobile, Kris Grant.) He confirmed that it is illegal under a certain rule within the SANFL, no banners on the oval at all (although teams' windbreaks have sponsors names all over them) BUT I can display the banner anywhere around the ground. Would be interesting if 15 of us walked out onto the oval, wearing white t-shirts with the letters to NO AFL IN THE SANFL emblazoned across the shirts all in a row! He then told me that if it happens again, stronger measures would be taken.
JUICEBOXMAN

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Reckon you could do a choreographed routine at qtr time.
"Let's play scrambled letters"

They must be a bit worried to "heavy" you this way.
Stronger measures?
Men in dark alleys making offers you can't refuse?

All a bit comical really.
I guess the sign will be conspicuous enough on the right side of the fence.
Behind the goals on the high netting would be conspicuous enough.
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:19 am

the sanfl just keep bending over to andy
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 pm

The Emperor wrote:the sanfl just keep bending over to andy

exactly,

as for SANFL rules i'd like to know where this is written because surely a ''CORNES TO SIBERIA'' banner at Footy Park in the early 1990's would be against the same set of rules & that was allowed to be shown including on tv for the entire match.......from memory the reasoning for that sign on that occasion was a coach in Siberia lost a match & was shot dead

i still think they put the prices up so less people attend matches & then down the track (not too far) it can be said there isn't much interest so we can change the history of the league to make it a total feeder with players 22 years old or less playing
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm

JUICEBOXMAN wrote:I have just asked Kris Grant & I HAVE obtained The Club's approval, if I can put a sign up on the eastern mound at Elizabeth Oval for the entire season, it will say something along the lines of HANDS OFF OUR SANFL or AFL RESERVES FOR AFL ONLY!
I am currently getting a quote on how much it will cost to create, I can't afford this on my own, will anyone else help cover the cost?

youre one mad mofo juicey
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 am

I wonder if Mr.Grant was so positive about his stance on approving the sign once Mr.Davies called?
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 am

Booney, you would hope not.

If the likes of a war horse like Chris Grant are bending over to Chris Davies of the AFL, sorry Freudian slip, SANFL.

Then it deems the world of the SANFL speaking for the South Australian League Clubs as they should, is doomed.
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:04 pm

[quote="Booney"]

I wonder if Mr.Grant was so positive about his stance on approving the sign once Mr.Davies called?[/quote]

As I posted earlier, he denied that he gave his club's approval on radio at half time of that match.
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:25 pm

[quote="testy"]
Booney wrote:

I wonder if Mr.Grant was so positive about his stance on approving the sign once Mr.Davies called?[/quote]

As I posted earlier, he denied that he gave his club's approval on radio at half time of that match.

he may have publicly denied it but privately encouraged it Wink
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by JUICEBOXMAN on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 am

B.I.N.G.O.
JUICEBOXMAN

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Great to see the banner make an appearance here today at Woodville, espcially with ABC TV (and Channel 9 cameras) here. Even better though was that Graeme Johncock was lining up for goal down the city end, where the boys with the banner were, and they moved into position behind the big sticks as Stiffy was coming in for the shot, which he converted truly.
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Can we get it onto Youtube ASAP?
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:30 am

direct from the source, firstly it was nice of the ABC to give channel 9 permission until 2pm to film at the venue & after the match finished, channel 9 got exactly the comments they were hoping for & it will be on the news on Monday or Tuesday night, thankfully there are some journalists that still have a passion for SANFL footy & what it stands for

well done to the people interviewed after the match
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:56 am

bayman wrote:direct from the source, firstly it was nice of the ABC to give channel 9 permission until 2pm to film at the venue & after the match finished, channel 9 got exactly the comments they were hoping for & it will be on the news on Monday or Tuesday night, thankfully there are some journalists that still have a passion for SANFL footy & what it stands for

Lets hope it didnt interfere with the gambling opportunites
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 am

Scrunch wrote:
bayman wrote:direct from the source, firstly it was nice of the ABC to give channel 9 permission until 2pm to film at the venue & after the match finished, channel 9 got exactly the comments they were hoping for & it will be on the news on Monday or Tuesday night, thankfully there are some journalists that still have a passion for SANFL footy & what it stands for

Lets hope it didnt interfere with the gambling opportunites

what has my post (above) have to do with gambling ?
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by spell_check on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Near less people would mean the sign is more easily seen. Also I would think it's there because it's behind the goals i.e. when a player has a set shot for goal, the camera is in that one spot.
spell_check

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by spell_check on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:07 pm

That makes sense. The Magpies cheersquad is always in that spot, which coincides to be always the least populated area at Woodville Oval matches regardless of who is playing. And Eagles/Port matches at Woodville are always the best attended matches at Woodville - the lowest crowd for the match up is 2539 in 2005. Which is fairly high for any pairing at any venue since 1997, actually.
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum