HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Post by bayman on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Scrunch wrote:
bayman wrote:
Bundy wrote:I find it amazing 1 person is always right and so many others are always wrong.Where is my unfollow button.

i've thought that many many times, the same persons club has never ever done anything wrong in any aspect or form you put, presuming this person is correct & you believe him, fair enough to stick up for you team but to never admit the other argument may have merit is somewhat disrespectful but mainly arrogant & if they have no sins whatsoever maybe at Easter we could have another crucifixion & no i don't mean the said poster

Good old fashioned one-eyed supporting. We were all like this when I was a kid, and footy felt so much more special for it. Don't always agree with any poster, but I'll never (completely) knock a person for loving their club that much.

there is one 3 letter word in your statement that sums it up perfectly, but out of respect i wont actually say it
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:31 pm

I think Scrunch is on the mark.

We all stick up for our club, especially if we're a line voice against many detractors.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:05 am

The Port SANFL club ceased to exist several years ago; the club now called the Magpies is a team playing under license that is a reserves team of an afl franchise.They dont even have seat on the sanfl commission or have a league delegate and have not had for several years.
The SANFL gifted both the Magpies and the Power millions, yes millions of dollars to keep them afloat when the clubs were literally insolvent financially. - back in the Prince of Wales days- remember,..?
Most of the SANFLs debt is due to this. The fact that the sanfl and therefore the sanfl clubs propped up Port for many years seems to be lost on the average afl supporter who thinks the afl only began when they started playing games at Adelaide Oval.
In the week preceding Ports first game at Adelaide Oval; Port begged for yet another million dollars from the sanfl to cover "unforeseen expenses" in the shift. They ultimately received that; this now totalled 18 million that Port received from the sanfl/sanfl clubs in less thean 8 years to keep them from going under.
This generosity has now seen the sanfl and its clubs in a fair bit of financial strife..Port have nothing at all to complain about; they have a far better deal than the Crows when it comes to sanfl involvement . When purchasing their license back from the sanfl ,Port found the value was almost half as much as the Crows..they got a bargain!!
So for anyone at Port carp, whine and whinge is a bit rich....
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 pm

The flip side to that though is the old adage of "be careful what you wish for". If the SANFL hadn't insisted on owning the license in the first place, they would have had any obligation to keep the club afloat.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Think you will find that both licenses were purchased from the afl by the sanfl, for the simple reason that neither port nor the Crows at the time could afford them...
From memory..I think the crows license was $6mil; cant recall what Ports was..
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:43 pm

i wonder whether Mr Booney will follow the lead from one of his heroes in Tim Ginever who has purchased a Glenelg membership in his small way of trying to help as he doesn't want to see Glenelg or any team cease to exist, will Mr Booney show the same foresight ?

btw well done Tim Ginever, i salute you sir
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:46 am

May do bayman,I may do.

I've had Sturt, South Adelaide and West Adelaide memberships over the years when they have had their own share of troubles, whether or not I can bring myself to support the Bays in anyway is another thing. Another thing altogether.

I tell you what, get rid of Chigwidden and I'll buy one. Wink
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Booney wrote:May do bayman,I may do.

I've had Sturt, South Adelaide and West Adelaide memberships over the years when they have had their own share of troubles, whether or not I can bring myself to support the Bays in anyway is another thing. Another thing altogether.

I tell you what, get rid of Chigwidden and I'll buy one. Wink

you'd feel right at home because without counting i reckon we'd have 15 or so people that have an Alberton connection Wink

hey my smilies are back Very Happy

ps, if you were big enough to buy one, i'd salute you too Mr Booney
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:14 pm

bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Flag No.10 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:14 pm

This quote from Don Pyke in The Advertiser about the penalty given to Crouch and Atkins says a lot:

“The recommendation was that they would play SANFL this weekend and that’s (punishment) enough."

Great, now playing in the SANFL is deemed 'punishment'.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum