Post by bayman on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:05 pm

thanks, just used it
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Re: HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Post by bayman on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 pm

redandblack wrote:I think the decision is made by the Clubs?

Supporters should make sure their own clubs are aware of our feelings.

correct

also correct, as members we all have the right to tell our respective clubs what our feelings are
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:36 pm

FOOT-e TIMES SA is now running a survey on this matter, encouraging all SANFL fans to have their say.

All welcome to contribute their thoughts.

If a large response can be achieved it will be good material to pass back to the SANFL clubs.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NR2WKYP
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:55 pm

PhilH wrote:FOOT-e TIMES SA is now running a survey on this matter, encouraging all SANFL fans to have their say.

If a large response can be achieved it will be good material to pass back to the SANFL clubs.

i just did the survey & have no 'send' button, i pressed next & i went back to the start, so what have i done wrong ?
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Done
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:36 am

If you got to the Thank You screen you finished it Bayman
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 am

Agreed, well said and fully agree
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 am

Re-posted

CK's column in Sportsbeat out today:

RESERVING JUDGMENT ON A NEW SANFL ANGLE

Each year, with monotonous regularity, the debate about the two South Australian AFL clubs having reserves teams in the SANFL rears its head. Generally, it stimulates the same debate for a few weeks and then quietly disappears again.

Over the last few months, however, not only has the debate surfaced, but it has done so with a vengeance never before seen. Adelaide Crows chairman Rob Chapman has promised that, one way or another, the club will have a reserves teams competing by 2014. Exactly where remains to be seen. The Port Adelaide Football Club has long advocated having a full reserves team also, for the ease of having all of their players competing in the same team, being able to work common strategies and building that union between players.

On that point, there are plenty of good reasons for the two clubs to have their own reserves teams. The present structure makes it very difficult for players not playing at AFL level to adapt quickly to the gameplan they will need if they are to play at the higher level. It is also difficult with some AFL listed players competing in the senior competition in any given week, while others compete in SANFL reserves due to form or SANFL team balance. The SANFL clubs primary focus has to be on winning a game and a premiership, without an AFL club dictating their preferred position for one of their players, for example. It is also difficult for an AFL listed player to build solid form in an SANFL reserves competition with teammates they do not see that often.

One solution that has been mooted is to have both clubs form reserves teams that compete in the SANFL. In the case of Adelaide, that would become the tenth team in the SANFL, removing the bye. In Port’s case, the suggestion is they take over the Port Magpies senior team to become the Port AFL reserves.

It is hard to overstate just how damaging this idea would be to the SANFL. The first query is exactly what tangible benefit would be gained in terms of attendances or extra fans to follow the new teams. There could be a case to say that a small number of new fans may attend SANFL games to follow the teams, but if, say, the Crows reserves are playing Saturday night at Elizabeth while the seniors are playing Brisbane at Football Park at the same time, then its really difficult to see many fans choosing the local game over the main arm.

The fabric of the competition, at bringing a tenth team into the SANFL, would also be irreparably damaged by any move to bring two AFL units into it. While there are many that say that the tradition of the competition was eroded in 1990 when the Adelaide Crows first announced plans to enter the competition, and Woodville and West Torrens merged that same year, the competition still holds a fiercely loyal support base that is gradually bringing the next generation of fans through. To bring a tenth, AFL based team in now would be the final nail in the coffin of the competition.

The only sustainable compromise is to allow Adelaide to field their reserves team in the SANFL reserves competition, with home games played at Adelaide Oval from 2014 as curtain raisers to the AFL match, and for Port Adelaide to have the Magpies reserve team become the Port AFL Reserves competition. While it is not an ideal solution still, it is the closest solution that will not utterly destroy the fabric of the SANFL and could still trigger some renewed interest in the league for AFL followers.

Any solution that brings a team into the league competition will be the beginning of the end of a league that has stood proud since 1877. For the sake of all SANFL fans, I implore the SANFL Commission to disallow an entry into the league competition.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Click on the link below to sign now and add a comment if you wish but not necessary, fill in the required fields and all email addresses are kept confidential, click sign now and then click on the signatures tab to view other comments. Please refrain from swearing as it doesn't help our cause.

firstblood

My club : west

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Admin wrote:Re-posted

CK's column in Sportsbeat out today:

RESERVING JUDGMENT ON A NEW SANFL ANGLE

Each year, with monotonous regularity, the debate about the two South Australian AFL clubs having reserves teams in the SANFL rears its head. Generally, it stimulates the same debate for a few weeks and then quietly disappears again.

Over the last few months, however, not only has the debate surfaced, but it has done so with a vengeance never before seen. Adelaide Crows chairman Rob Chapman has promised that, one way or another, the club will have a reserves teams competing by 2014. Exactly where remains to be seen. The Port Adelaide Football Club has long advocated having a full reserves team also, for the ease of having all of their players competing in the same team, being able to work common strategies and building that union between players.

On that point, there are plenty of good reasons for the two clubs to have their own reserves teams. The present structure makes it very difficult for players not playing at AFL level to adapt quickly to the gameplan they will need if they are to play at the higher level. It is also difficult with some AFL listed players competing in the senior competition in any given week, while others compete in SANFL reserves due to form or SANFL team balance. The SANFL clubs primary focus has to be on winning a game and a premiership, without an AFL club dictating their preferred position for one of their players, for example. It is also difficult for an AFL listed player to build solid form in an SANFL reserves competition with teammates they do not see that often.

One solution that has been mooted is to have both clubs form reserves teams that compete in the SANFL. In the case of Adelaide, that would become the tenth team in the SANFL, removing the bye. In Port’s case, the suggestion is they take over the Port Magpies senior team to become the Port AFL reserves.

It is hard to overstate just how damaging this idea would be to the SANFL. The first query is exactly what tangible benefit would be gained in terms of attendances or extra fans to follow the new teams. There could be a case to say that a small number of new fans may attend SANFL games to follow the teams, but if, say, the Crows reserves are playing Saturday night at Elizabeth while the seniors are playing Brisbane at Football Park at the same time, then its really difficult to see many fans choosing the local game over the main arm.

The fabric of the competition, at bringing a tenth team into the SANFL, would also be irreparably damaged by any move to bring two AFL units into it. While there are many that say that the tradition of the competition was eroded in 1990 when the Adelaide Crows first announced plans to enter the competition, and Woodville and West Torrens merged that same year, the competition still holds a fiercely loyal support base that is gradually bringing the next generation of fans through. To bring a tenth, AFL based team in now would be the final nail in the coffin of the competition.

The only sustainable compromise is to allow Adelaide to field their reserves team in the SANFL reserves competition, with home games played at Adelaide Oval from 2014 as curtain raisers to the AFL match, and for Port Adelaide to have the Magpies reserve team become the Port AFL Reserves competition. While it is not an ideal solution still, it is the closest solution that will not utterly destroy the fabric of the SANFL and could still trigger some renewed interest in the league for AFL followers.

Any solution that brings a team into the league competition will be the beginning of the end of a league that has stood proud since 1877. For the sake of all SANFL fans, I implore the SANFL Commission to disallow an entry into the league competition.

A very good report by CK but the last paragraph says it all for me, I have been attending SANFL games following my Bloods for over 40 years, year in year out, and not missing many games in that time.

To have an AFL team infiltrate the SANFL competition will damage this proud competition that has stood the test of time for well over a century. They are AFL , we are SANFL, IT DON'T MIX.
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 pm

PhilH wrote:FOOT-e TIMES SA is now running a survey on this matter, encouraging all SANFL fans to have their say.

Attempted the survey PhilH but Q7 doesnt allow me to rank the answers by numbered preference properly so I cant continue with it.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Ok Scrunch I will have a look at & get back to you .... you wern't trying to put all at #6 were you?
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm

OK Scrunch as you make a prefence the options move around .... like THE PRICE IS RIGHT. ie if you rank something last it should move to the bottom position. if you then re-rank it first it will move to the top.

Initially it looks like the number side does not change 1-6 but it's the wording that moves.

At the end of it all your final list should be in order of preference.
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm

OK Scrunch as you make a prefence the options move around .... like THE PRICE IS RIGHT. ie if you rank something last it should move to the bottom position. if you then re-rank it first it will move to the top.

Initially it looks like the number side does not change 1-6 but it's the wording that moves.

At the end of it all your final list should be in order of preference.
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:27 pm

PhilH wrote:If you got to the Thank You screen you finished it Bayman

i got to the part where you can write a comment, i can't recall seeing a ''thankyou'' will try again later & thanks for that PhilH
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am

firstblood wrote:Click on the link below to sign now and add a comment if you wish but not necessary, fill in the required fields and all email addresses are kept confidential, click sign now and then click on the signatures tab to view other comments. Please refrain from swearing as it doesn't help our cause.

Bump
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 am

firstblood wrote:Click on the link below to sign now and add a comment if you wish but not necessary, fill in the required fields and all email addresses are kept confidential, click sign now and then click on the signatures tab to view other comments. Please refrain from swearing as it doesn't help our cause.

Bump again. Smile
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by JUICEBOXMAN on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 am

JUICEBOXMAN

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 am

Looks good JBM.
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 am

Agreed, Baldy.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdofPrey on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Great stuff JBM!!!
BirdofPrey

Teams : Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Had a nice surprise at home tonight, with JBM dropping past my place and showing me the banner in person. It is great - good work mate !!!
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Keep the votes coming in...some good comments in there.
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:17 pm

anyone know if mine worked ?

or do i start again ?
bayman

Back to top Go down