HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Post by Flag No.10 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Maybe they will be. My concern is that it might be the thin end of the wedge. Remember how with one Port we were guaranteed the two football departments would be completely separate.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by JUICEBOXMAN on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:49 pm

JUICEBOXMAN

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Not looking good about keeping the AFL out of the league next year
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:07 pm

I came across this website, where somebody has put together a collection of press reports and other statements, by a wide range of involved parties over the past year or so. It's only a selection and by no means definitive, but a useful compilation, in that it highlights just a few of the backflips and contradictions coming from these people, which are staggering in their audacity. And they wonder why rank and file supporters like us are so thoroughly pi...d off with the whole charade. Rolling Eyes

http://footybusiness.wordpress.com/current-issues/afl-clubs-and-waflsanfl-reserves/
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Crows and Port will have teams in the SANFL League most likely next year. If not it wont be long til they do.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:13 pm

It comes down to the Club Directors.

Find out where your club stands and post it here.

It seems Central is wavering?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”– H.L. Mencken
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Guys I still support this cause, but sadly I have a feeling it will finally come down to how much money is put on the table. It could and should be a lot more than in WA, because the SANFL is in a much stronger bargaining position, by virtue of owning what the AFL have admitted they want. Namely the 2 licenses and a competition that can host their reserves sides. My club's position remains that "It hasn't been discussed because there's no official proposal on the table" And I imagine the other clubs are playing the same straight bat at this stage. But if the money is right I honestly can't see any of them knocking it back.
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 pm

countrycousin wrote:Guys I still support this cause, but sadly I have a feeling it will finally come down to how much money is put on the table. It could and should be a lot more than in WA, because the SANFL is in a much stronger bargaining position, by virtue of owning what the AFL have admitted they want. Namely the 2 licenses and a competition that can host their reserves sides. My club's position remains that "It hasn't been discussed because there's no official proposal on the table" And I imagine the other clubs are playing the same straight bat at this stage. But if the money is right I honestly can't see any of them knocking it back.

i've heard exactly this from various friends from different clubs
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by amen423 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:49 pm

"Food for Thought"

The SANFL is currently a uneven team competition, so why not make it even with the left over Power players playing for the Port Adelaide Magpies and add a team that consists of the left over Crows players.

So that there is enough players for the Crows establish a system so that they can draw on players from elsewhere and that it is fair to all.

If it is considered that there may be a team that is very strong over the other SANFL teams set up a Draft system like the AFL has.
amen423

Teams : Port Power, Port Adelaide Magpies
My club : power

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Respect for trying to come up with a solution amen but Im not sure SANFL clubs will be happy about giving up traditional zones and heartlands which would be required if shifting to a draft system. There is a lot of fear and hysteria about this growing on a daily basis yet so much of it is unclear. I think people should sit tight and wait until the parties involved get closer to working out a model that can be publicised otherwise there will be a lot of speculation of issues that might never arise.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 pm

amen423 wrote:"Food for Thought"

The SANFL is currently a uneven team competition, so why not make it even with the left over Power players playing for the Port Adelaide Magpies and add a team that consists of the left over Crows players.

So that there is enough players for the Crows establish a system so that they can draw on players from elsewhere and that it is fair to all.

If it is considered that there may be a team that is very strong over the other SANFL teams set up a Draft system like the AFL has.

So basically, Chris McDermott's idea of the 'Woodville Crows' (letting West Torrens be stand alone again). And where do they get the spare players from?
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by amen423 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:38 pm

As I said, it is "Food for Thought".

It is not where it is started, it is where it is finished and I believe that having an EVEN competition in the SANFL with the AFL teams having their other players not selected in their AFL team in the same team in the SANFL to be a big advantage.

Obviously there has to be a lot of thought and negotiations in being able to come up with a suitable solution and with some ideas that come from people who follow Aussie Rules Football may assist in coming up with what is best for the game as they are the ones who pay to go and watch.

I understand that it is a very complex situation and for me to say "where do they get the spare players from" is not for me to say and this is to be worked out by those who are "in the know".

I am just advocating the idea of attempting to improve the SANFL competition and keeping the AFL spare players in the same teams.
amen423

Teams : Port Power, Port Adelaide Magpies
My club : power

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 pm

How is it "even" when one team gets all the Power AFL players plus get to keep all their zones?

How about Port give up all their zones and the Power can get their extra players from the same place the Crows are supposed to get theirs? Which up till now no-one has said.

How about a Power reserves and a Crows reserves and Port Adelaide ceases to exist.
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:54 pm

UncleHuey wrote:How is it "even" when one team gets all the Power AFL players plus get to keep all their zones?

How about Port give up all their zones and the Power can get their extra players from the same place the Crows are supposed to get theirs? Which up till now no-one has said.

How about a Power reserves and a Crows reserves and Port Adelaide ceases to exist.

The Magpies will cease to exist if the AFL clubs are allowed in the SANFL. Don't you worry about that.
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm

If the Crows really want a reserves team, the VFL is the go until the AFL get a reserves competition, no need at all for the SANFL to be involved in it. The AFC players would likely benefit by getting used to traveling each week, which is what will be required of them if they make the league list of the AFC anyway.
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 pm

we know what they want, although i wonder what Keith Thomas would say if he was in charge of Norwood, anyway i'm more concerned about what the mob down the road are thinking & wanting
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 pm

when the clubs vote on this i hope the clubs listen to their members & vote accordingly & not any of the present day coaches because lets face it no coach will be at any of the clubs for life
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Maybe McGregor's hoping the Power will still keep him in the job when they take over . Given the track record of coaches in the AFL, he shouldn't hold his breath.Rolling Eyes
And yes I agree Bayman, Port's a foregone conclusion. It's the other mob we're all holding our breath about.
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Every year e can delay it, the better off we will be
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:15 pm

waddayamean wrote:Did you read it Country Cousin. ????? Toe that line annd HE WONT have a job.
Yes the way I interpreted it, he's trying to serve both masters, by presenting himself as a good loyal servant who will toe the current official line. Whoever's line it is. That tends to get you on in outfits like the AFL. Nothing the Demetrious of this world like better than sycophantic servants. Wink
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Get the distinct impression the SANFL Hierarchy want this and if one or both AFL clubs pay the Television rights fees then they will move heaven and Earth to get both clubs playing in the SANFL League against the wishes of just about every SANFL supporters not to do so.

I smell a rat, a big one at that.
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:38 pm

i'll say it right now, John Olsen sold just about every asset the state had when premier, so the track record says to me he'd be for selling & would give them what they want.....as i've said before i will not go to glorified trial matches if this occurs
bayman

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum