HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: HANDS OFF OUR SANFL!!

Post by howthewestwaswon on Mon May 27, 2013 8:12 am

Brucetiki wrote:Looks like the WAFL clubs are fighting back as well.

Swan Districts is facing a fine of $500 for 'damaging the image of football in WA in the eyes of the public' and 'adversely affect the standing or reputation of the league or the league competition' by putting 'West Coast' instead of 'East Perth' on the scoreboard in the first quarter.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/racism-far-from-beaten-in-the-afl-despite-indigneous-round-celebrations/story-fn83zgrc-1226650892098 (dig further down the 'article', for lack of a better term)

An article and photo from the West Australian:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/17260999/swans-risk-fine-for-protest/
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 pm

well done to the Black & White team Shocked God that was hard to type
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

to the clubs, please stay united

Post by bayman on Mon May 27, 2013 8:50 pm

this is to all the clubs, we generally have sensible people running football clubs, but i want them all to know to stand united in the onslaught of needing AFL reserves into our competition, there are rumours galore going around that this team & that team are going to vote in favour of 'hosting' the Crows with Port hosting the Power, i believe these rumours are a deliberate attempt to divide & conquer the SANFL clubs, as the rumours stands there are 4 clubs (including mine) in favour of 'hosting' the Crows, i write this because i don't believe them (rumours) to be true & i'm sure any club would let anyone know their thoughts on this at this stage & by the way i would very much doubt Glenelg would be in favour of it & if we were i'd be devastated

PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THE DIVIDE & CONQUER TACTICS
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman on Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 pm

waddayamean wrote:Easy, ring Glenelg and ask.

i intend to speak to the president on Friday night
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee on Mon May 27, 2013 10:45 pm

We are gone.....only a matter of when.

So sad Sad
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 pm

I noticed that Sturt was mentioned again in an article I read the other day. As a vice president, I meet monthly with members of our board on an official basis and I've been assured by the president and the c.e.o that the Sturt Football Club has no intention of entering into any such agreement. I accept those assurances in good faith.
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch on Tue May 28, 2013 8:58 am

As I understand it Matt Benson is ultra opposed to his club playing any part in the AFL IN SANFL campaign. However like Southee I think it is a case of when not if. Hope thats incorrect.
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 am

Money talks and the people who want to make this happen have loads of it.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 am

It's the clubs' decision, so we can't blame anyone else if we end up with an AFL presence at League level. If they say no, then it can't happen. It can't be imposed on the competition by anyone else.
If your club votes for AFL sides in our League comp, you can always organise an Extraordinary General Meeting and take it from there.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue May 28, 2013 6:14 pm

waddayamean wrote:And post his thoughts.....

i will presuming he's happy for it to be shared on forums
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee on Tue May 28, 2013 7:36 pm

bayman wrote:

We need transparency Wink
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue May 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Southee wrote:
bayman wrote:

We need transparency Wink

as i said i'll ask the question but will not be baited into posting the answer unless he agrees to it
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman on Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 pm

waddayamean wrote:Well why not ? Surely his comments to your face are legitimate and he is not just saving face ? One way to clear Glenelg is to publicly say it surely .

i've already answered this, out of respect to what private conversation i have on Friday, i will ask can i post this if yes i'll post if no i wont & i will not be baited by you or anyone else & all you seem to do is childishly bait people including me & i will not play those childish games

thankyou
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick on Tue May 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Bayman - I like the topic and I agree with you

Keep the pressure on our officials SA Footy Supporters - I too worry about my clubs vote at West Adelaide.... I expect them to vote NO - I have made this clear but there is a part of me that worries we are being told what we want to hear and not what they will vote for behind closed doors.
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 am

Bayman is right. United we need to stand.

The money issue is a worry of course. Clubs will see a future relatively secured by being seduced into accepting it.
However, will they be selling their souls in doing so? Yes I think so.

I would hope that the clubs are discussing this matter around the table right now, rather than be caught off guard and needing to mount some rear guard action to fend off an assault in due course.

If the clubs just think that accepting some fait accompli from the AFL or other influential powers will be ok by members / supporters, I think they are in for a shock.

If banners like "Eric" can gain such a notoriety in the media, essentially on the back of one bloke, what can be done more collectively?

At the end of the day, if the SANFL is compromised to whatever AFL model gets its way, then I am afraid they will lose me.

The clubs should be mindful of this type of potential backlash.

Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney on Wed May 29, 2013 10:11 am

No President of an SANFL club will want their stance broadcast on the public arena and I think it is just as likely that the President will feed bayman a line of "no decision has been made", when in all likely hood he would have some idea as to what the outcome may/may not be.
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Wed May 29, 2013 5:39 pm

There are 2 issues here. The first is which, if any club, will step up to be the Crows "host" club. The second is how the other 7 clubs will respond to having 2 AFL reserves teams in the competition. My comments regarding the Sturt Football Club related solely to the first issue. There have been rumours around for a long while that we would be the ones to host the Crows, even before John Halbert's comments. Notwithstanding his position as Sturt's patron, John's views are entirely his own and don't represent either the official, nor the majority position within the club. There's no doubt in my mind that going down that road would cost us more in lost members, volunteers, probably sponsors, council support and even players than we would gain. So far as the second issue is concerned, we can look at the WA situation. The AFL threw money at all WAFL clubs, not just the 2 hosts and they predictably rolled over. Obviously all clubs here, including Sturt, are keeping their cards close to their chests in this matter until they see what's on the table.
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH on Wed May 29, 2013 5:55 pm

I don't think the 7 WAFL clubs "rolled over". By the WAFC structure they had no vote in the matter.
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Green Bay Packers, Happy Valley U10 Black
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by testy on Wed May 29, 2013 7:07 pm

It was reported on one of tonights news services that both of the Adelaide AFL clubs would pay $150,000 a year to each SANFL club to be part of the SANFL comp. as from next season--This would be an ongoing payment each year--The carrot is being dangled. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin on Wed May 29, 2013 7:47 pm

PhilH wrote:I don't think the 7 WAFL clubs "rolled over". By the WAFC structure they had no vote in the matter.
Fair comment Phil, I was a bit harsh there. The SANFL clubs are certainly in a stronger position in terms of the structure of the two leagues. I doubt that it will change the outcome, except that we should be able to drive a better bargain. It will be interesting to see what happens if nobody puts their hand up to host the Crows however.
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Wed May 29, 2013 10:00 pm

I can see it now, Eric being marched down towards the SANFL head quarters spread across the main road with thousands marching behind it in a peaceful protest.

Then the cops arrive and and use teargas and perhaps rubber bullets to disperse an angry but peaceful crowd. Smile

firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum